This one does not do anything for me

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bro Uhaha wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:33 pm As my sculptor/bullsh*tartist friend might say: It isn't about how it looks or what it does - what you see in it is just a reflection of part of yourself.

When I look at this piece I see that part of me that might stubbornly smoke a bad pipe designed to drip tobacco juice under my tongue.

What do you see?
I will ponder this. I seem to be speechless at the prospect of someone paying $150 for this. I suppose I see my own practicality and cheap tendencies.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Middle Earth

Bro Uhaha wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:33 pm As my sculptor/bullsh*tartist friend might say: It isn't about how it looks or what it does - what you see in it is just a reflection of part of yourself.

When I look at this piece I see that part of me that might stubbornly smoke a bad pipe designed to drip tobacco juice under my tongue.

What do you see?
An accident
Whalehead King

Modern art is a scam. I know. I went to art school.
Whalehead King

I was gonna say the other pipes in the 'Monstrosity" line aren't bad but then I realized that's not silver where the stem meets the bowl-----it's silver paint!

https://www.cupojoes.com/monstrosity-sc ... b-special/

The C-model is an even worse paint job.

Is this a hoax? Look at the Monstrosity pipe that's out of stock at Cup O' Joes. This has got to be a hoax.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Whalehead King wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:02 pm I was gonna say the other pipes in the 'Monstrosity" line aren't bad but then I realized that's not silver where the stem meets the bowl-----it's silver paint!

https://www.cupojoes.com/monstrosity-sc ... b-special/

The C-model is an even worse paint job.

Is this a hoax? Look at the Monstrosity pipe that's out of stock at Cup O' Joes. This has got to be a hoax.
I am guessing these are singletons. I have a hard time imagining they have 8 of them in stock. Being out of stock may just mean they sold the only one they have, and it has not been returned yet.

Old Ted Award - 2017
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

This implies that the pipe is a piece of art.

All I see is a poor design that someone is trying to fob off as stylish by giving it a high price.
ever forward
Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

Could buy lots of cobs for that money.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Ellis You wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:15 pm Could buy lots of cobs for that money.
Or pounds of SPRT and an estate Grabow...

Old Ted Award - 2017
Whalehead King

arturo7 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:07 pm

All I see is a poor design that someone is trying to fob off as stylish by giving it a high price.
It reminds me of this song:

Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

arturo7 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:07 pm

An alternative theory would be that it is an inside joke at the site that is selling it. Actually, it reminds me of some weed pipes I used to see at a flea market in Austin.