Local tobacco store

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I needed a chance to get out of the office for a few minutes. My pipe cleaner supply was getting perilously low, so I decided to go to one of those smoke shops that sells mostly cigarette tubes and CBD oil.

It was actually fairly nice. There was a gentleman there who was asking the owner how to clean his pipe. The owner said he did not smoke. I stepped in and helped the guy.

While I was there, it was non-stop business. People were buying mostly cartons of cigarettes. They had jars of tobacco. The 1-Q was labeled "1-Q." I thought I might get a pouch of PA while I was there, but they were out. The owner said a guy came in a couple of days ago and bought every pouch of PA he had in stock.

At one point a woman ran in and announced loudly where bread and toilet paper could be found at local stores.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:21 am I needed a chance to get out of the office for a few minutes. My pipe cleaner supply was getting perilously low, so I decided to go to one of those smoke shops that sells mostly cigarette tubes and CBD oil.

It was actually fairly nice. There was a gentleman there who was asking the owner how to clean his pipe. The owner said he did not smoke. I stepped in and helped the guy.

While I was there, it was non-stop business. People were buying mostly cartons of cigarettes. They had jars of tobacco. The 1-Q was labeled "1-Q." I thought I might get a pouch of PA while I was there, but they were out. The owner said a guy came in a couple of days ago and bought every pouch of PA he had in stock.

At one point a woman ran in and announced loudly where bread and toilet paper could be found at local stores.
Is the new office a no smoking kind of deal?
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

There is an old sailor wandering my town buying up all the pipe stuff too. I always leave at least two packs of pipe cleaners for him but this time around he wiped everything out. :evil:
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:48 am
Yes... This reduces efficiency because it means I go "run an errand" every now and then. It is what it is.

Old Ted Award - 2017
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:32 pm
Yes... This reduces efficiency because it means I go "run an errand" every now and then. It is what it is.
Those errands are not by mistake and could just be an opportunity to get out of the office to share the love

Keep up the good work !!!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

rekamepip wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:42 pm
Those errands are not by mistake and could just be an opportunity to get out of the office to share the love

I cite it as "being present to the larger community" and it is always an opportunity for evangelism.

I also bought about 500 pipe cleaners. Reusing them as I do, I seem to go through 50 or so per week as a rule, so I am good for a while. I HAVE noticed that the meers seem more particular about cleaning than the briars, so the rate I go through them has increased a little this month.

Old Ted Award - 2017
Whalehead King

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:49 pm
rekamepip wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:42 pm

I cite it as "being present to the larger community" and it is always an opportunity for evangelism.

I also bought about 500 pipe cleaners. Reusing them as I do, I seem to go through 50 or so per week as a rule, so I am good for a while. I HAVE noticed that the meers seem more particular about cleaning than the briars, so the rate I go through them has increased a little this month.
My initial reaction to your first post was the same---doing a good deed out in the open, setting a good example. Nice work, Father.

My initial reaction to your second post is:

You could always run your pipe cleaners through the dish washer. Put them in a mesh bag. You can also toss the bag in with a load of laundry, though, I suspect Mrs. Tom will approve of this method as much as Mrs. King does. Why am I suddenly getting pennywise? Because we don't have any guests at the inn during the busiest time of the year!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I think the cost per cleaner is neighborhood of 3 cents per cleaner. I am convinced the personal cost to me with the laundry approach would outweigh the pennies saved.

I might consider the dishwasher approach. I wonder if they dry well or require some sun to properly get dry and absorbent again? Surely there is someone who has tried this and can report on success/failure/issues_with_significant_other.

Old Ted Award - 2017
Whalehead King

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:49 pm I think the cost per cleaner is neighborhood of 3 cents per cleaner. I am convinced the personal cost to me with the laundry approach would outweigh the pennies saved.

I might consider the dishwasher approach. I wonder if they dry well or require some sun to properly get dry and absorbent again? Surely there is someone who has tried this and can report on success/failure/issues_with_significant_other.
Calling [mention]avid[/mention] !

Calling [mention]rekamepip[/mention] !
avid

rekamepip wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:42 pm Those errands are not by mistake and could just be an opportunity to get out of the office to share the love
or, one day when he goes out a meteorite could hit the office... :|
insufferable filter guy