Four Roses

mrpipster
Solid Citizen

I am going to pick up a bottle of the yellow label tomorrow.
Anyone care to share their thoughts on this one?
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
9 Iron
Founding Member

I found the regular four roses ($17) a boring, nothing special bourbon, the Small Batch ($28) outstanding - one of the best bourbons I’ve tried, and the Single Barrel ($42) very good but over priced.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Ok. Thanks man.
Whistlebritches

9 Iron wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:36 pm I found the regular four roses ($17) a boring, nothing special bourbon, the Small Batch ($28) outstanding - one of the best bourbons I’ve tried, and the Single Barrel ($42) very good but over priced.
My exact thoughts.........I always pick the small batch over the humdrum yellow label and the more pricey single barrel.The exception to that rule is the OESK mash bill in proprietary bottles,from a single barrel,I get from Ocean Springs Mississippi.I would put this bourbon up against any and all......even Pappy 23.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I thought the yellow label was garbage to be honest. I drank through it as quick as I could so it didn't become a bad influence on any of the good bottles
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I had the regular one years ago . It was kind of the cool one people were into in Jersey back in the day ... it didnt do much for me but I was a Jim Beam White Junkie back then :lol: I never had the better one and like most anything else , ya seem to get what you pay for , unless its a Heaven Hill Product .. in which case ya seem to get more than what you pay for . I sound like a commercial but I'm kinda sold on that distillery at this point .
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:19 pm I had the regular one years ago . It was kind of the cool one people were into in Jersey back in the day ... it didnt do much for me but I was a Jim Beam White Junkie back then :lol: I never had the better one and like most anything else , ya seem to get what you pay for , unless its a Heaven Hill Product .. in which case ya seem to get more than what you pay for . I sound like a commercial but I'm kinda sold on that distillery at this point .
You're spot on about heaven hill. Very easy to buy a bottle that plays above its price tag from them
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

So what flavors are you getting from the small batch?
Whistlebritches

mrpipster wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:15 pm So what flavors are you getting from the small batch?
Oak,stone fruit,vanilla and caramel on the palate.The finish is oak,caramel and apple .......love this stuff.