fixin to stimulate with the stimulus . American style

Bamarick

I don't understand why, but I got a paper check in yesterday's mail. I draw SS, filed a return in '18 for a refund, filed again in '19 even though I didn't have to just to keep Uncle Sugar and Cousin Kay happy.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Bamarick wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:47 pm I don't understand why, but I got a paper check in yesterday's mail. I draw SS, filed a return in '18 for a refund, filed again in '19 even though I didn't have to just to keep Uncle Sugar and Cousin Kay happy.
I heard that on the radio, that could mean geographically or not, who knows you can't believe anything anymore but I'm glad you recieved your money. I have a feeling we will all be paying it back one way or another.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:15 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:37 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:55 am I'm still waiting on my relief check.
If it makes you feel any better I received a letter in the mail from unemployment today denying my claim (been laid off since Mar 20) haha
I'm waiting to hear back also . I'm wondering , did they give a reason ?
We basically work for a staffing company (not sure why the owner does it that way but whatever) so after a long phone call and a lot of digging by the employee at the state we found that somehow somewhere in a name change (by the staffing Co) my records didn't transfer and they had nothing to base unemployment pay on. We got everything squared away and (hopefully) the ball rolling in the right direction
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Bamarick

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:49 pm
Bamarick wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:47 pm I don't understand why, but I got a paper check in yesterday's mail. I draw SS, filed a return in '18 for a refund, filed again in '19 even though I didn't have to just to keep Uncle Sugar and Cousin Kay happy.
I heard that on the radio, that could mean geographically or not, who knows you can't believe anything anymore but I'm glad you recieved your money. I have a feeling we will all be paying it back one way or another.
Yessir we'll be paying it back along with our Kids, Grandkids and Greats if we're ever blessed to have any before kicking the bucket. Then if this 2 Grand a month is approved it'll never be paid back. Watch out for a 50% Federal Sales Tax1

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

No direct deposit, no check for us. Yesterday we got a pre-loaded Visa debit card! Now I'm trying to find out how to deposit those funds into our bank account. I guess I should ask at the bank.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Uncle Sugar...lol. That's what we always called "him" too, especially in relation to how generous he is with our money for so many! Of course, I grew up in a John Birch/conservative on everything household and my parent's friends were members too, so...
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:25 am
Uncle Sugar...lol. That's what we always called "him" too, especially in relation to how generous he is with our money for so many! Of course, I grew up in a John Birch/conservative on everything household and my parent's friends were members too, so...
Fluoridating the water supply is the greatest conspiracy pulled off in American history so far. What's next? Be on your guard.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Whalehead King wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:24 pm
Fluoridating the water supply is the greatest conspiracy pulled off in American history so far. What's next? Be on your guard.
There are the "deaths" of JFK, Elvis and Tupac...
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:55 pm
Hey now, JFK multiple-shooter scenarios are not conspiracies, my friends.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Bamarick

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:33 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:55 pm
Hey now, JFK multiple-shooter scenarios are not conspiracies, my friends.
I agree!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!