What Are You Smoking May 2020

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

ODF-RR in a GBD Prehistoric pot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
9 Iron
Founding Member

Lane LL7 in a Gepetto lovat. Weekend went way too quick, may I have another?
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Fresh Picayune in the Starfire pot

Old Ted Award - 2017
Maynard

9 Iron wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:56 pm Lane LL7 in a Gepetto lovat. Weekend went way too quick, may I have another?
Very nice pipe.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Double Down in a Dr Grabow CDL billyard

FJB
Try Cob

C&DAHF in Chacom Jursassic. Ding! Ding! Ding! Now this flake really rings my bell! Easily my favorite among those on hand thus far. Let's see, Virgnia leaf flavored with rum and caramel, they say. Okay, I love it. Now all I need do is find a one-pound bag of $15 bulk that tastes exactly like this; should be easy, eh? And the Chacom is my favorite pipe, too - but not by a lot. The Peterson and the two unknown estates are all very good smokers, in my book. Well, considering my newly-acquired modest little rotation, perhaps I should say, in my short story.

Is the line between aromatic and non-aromatic rather fuzzy, or is this considered an aromatic? I don't know, or really care very much, though I would like to be a little less ignorant. First I was confused by the pipes, then it was the tobacco, but figuring out what I like is easy, if a bit pricey. However, when I consider what I pay for other smokables, any tobacco seems cheap (about $5oz v about $13oz). Even when I buy 14 different varieties to try out. Got my work cut out for me, but I'll man up and get 'er done.

Suggestions/recommendations based on my enjoying this and Carter Hall would be appreciated. OJK seems popular here, among others, so I ordered some. Hasn't yet arrived.

I know, I know, post too long for this thread. Of course, some find me too long-winded for any thread, but I'm on a mission.
Forget the past for it no more holds sway;
forget the future once you thought so bright
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Picayune in the Belvedere pot

Old Ted Award - 2017
Bamarick

MB Plumcake in a No-Name.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Middle Earth

Try Cob wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:36 pm Image

C&DAHF in Chacom Jursassic. Ding! Ding! Ding! Now this flake really rings my bell! Easily my favorite among those on hand thus far. Let's see, Virgnia leaf flavored with rum and caramel, they say. Okay, I love it. Now all I need do is find a one-pound bag of $15 bulk that tastes exactly like this; should be easy, eh? And the Chacom is my favorite pipe, too - but not by a lot. The Peterson and the two unknown estates are all very good smokers, in my book. Well, considering my newly-acquired modest little rotation, perhaps I should say, in my short story.

Is the line between aromatic and non-aromatic rather fuzzy, or is this considered an aromatic? I don't know, or really care very much, though I would like to be a little less ignorant. First I was confused by the pipes, then it was the tobacco, but figuring out what I like is easy, if a bit pricey. However, when I consider what I pay for other smokables, any tobacco seems cheap (about $5oz v about $13oz). Even when I buy 14 different varieties to try out. Got my work cut out for me, but I'll man up and get 'er done.

Suggestions/recommendations based on my enjoying this and Carter Hall would be appreciated. OJK seems popular here, among others, so I ordered some. Hasn't yet arrived.

I know, I know, post too long for this thread. Of course, some find me too long-winded for any thread, but I'm on a mission.
The line is fuzzy
If you go to tobacco reviews, most positive reviews focus on this being as much a non-aro as being light on the aromatic scale
It is a unique blend
I doubt you will find anything like this
Spend some time on Tobacco Reviews and you will learn a lot
Hope you some more blends that work well for you
I would suggest MacBaren Navy Flake or especially Savanelli 140° for somthing good and unique
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

HGL in a CDL this evening
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin