what should i do

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Cigars are seen as celebratory ( is that a real word ? ) . I mean even peopke who dont smoke might smoke a cigar during a special event .

I'd smoke the cigar with them and as soon as it was done , light a pipe and say .... Now its time for a man smoke :)
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
avid

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:49 am ( is that a real word ? )
yup
insufferable filter guy
avid

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:45 amlly
A private observation I will just say out loud is that in general, the less you spend on the wedding, the longer the marriage lasts. Believe me I have lots o' data points on this one. There is always the exception to the rule, but you would be surprised.
not surprising at all...

i'm from a big family, nieces and nephews everywhere, at the time of marriage some of them were into careers and well healed...no failures yet, but time will tell...

back OT, this particular couple went from about 200 guests to 45, kinda feel bad for them and others with significant occasions that were drastically altered.
insufferable filter guy
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

avid wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:51 am
A private observation I will just say out loud is that in general, the less you spend on the wedding, the longer the marriage lasts. Believe me I have lots o' data points on this one. There is always the exception to the rule, but you would be surprised.
not surprising at all...

i'm from a big family, nieces and nephews everywhere, at the time of marriage some of them were into careers and well healed...no failures yet, but time will tell...

back OT, this particular couple went from about 200 guests to 45, kinda feel bad for them and others with significant occasions that were drastically altered.
Downsizing a wedding after invitations have gone out would be tough.

My heart really goes out to the folks would could not be there for grandma as she was in hospice. Now they have had to delay the funeral/requiem. One of the guys in the ministerial association had his mother die in NYC when things were especially crazy. The funeral home did not get the body from the hospital for over a week. The church agreed to a service limited to 10. If just her children and spouses attended, they would be over the limit. The mother's priest refused to do a graveside service. The guy I know is a Methodist minister, and he is perfectly capable of doing the graveside himself, but he should not have to...
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Bamarick

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:09 pm
avid wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:51 am
not surprising at all...

Downsizing a wedding after invitations have gone out would be tough.

My heart really goes out to the folks would could not be there for grandma as she was in hospice. Now they have had to delay the funeral/requiem. One of the guys in the ministerial association had his mother die in NYC when things were especially crazy. The funeral home did not get the body from the hospital for over a week. The church agreed to a service limited to 10. If just her children and spouses attended, they would be over the limit. The mother's priest refused to do a graveside service. The guy I know is a Methodist minister, and he is perfectly capable of doing the graveside himself, but he should not have to...

A member of our extended family recently had his Aunt & Uncle, in NYC, pass from the COVID within a couple days of each other. They were both cremated with no funeral or memorial service of any type. The daughter, who was their caretaker, also has the COVID so all arrangements were made by phone. The deaths happened in May and as of last week she still had not received their ashes. Who knows if she ever will.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
avid

quite a mess all the way around
insufferable filter guy
Zippo_13

Definitely take a pipe! As a “young stud”, I wish more pipe smokers would roll up to events with there pipes if for nothing more than educational purposes. Might be able to get them into the hobby! Nothing wrong with cigars either though, definitely a fan of both.