Tootsie Pop Poll

What is your favorite Tootsie Pop flavor?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:29 pm

Orange
29%
Cherry
13%
Chocolate
38%
Raspberry
13%
Grape
8%
Lemon
No votes

Total votes: 24
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

In a recent tobacco related thread the subject of Tootsie Pops came up, so obviously I'm gonna create a poll. Tootsie Pops are basically the perfect candy. A crunchy hard candy surrounding a little ball of Tootsie Roll. And it's on a stick. On a stick!

Have any of you heard of the urban legend of the wrappers with the Indian shooting a bow and arrow at a star? This one:

Anyway, the legend was and is still, that if you get a Tootsie Pop with this guy on it you can redeem it for a free Tootsie Pop. Many years ago I told my son about that and he mailed a wrapper to Tootsie in Chicago. They sent him a very nice form letter on heavy stock letterhead telling him about the legend, but no Tootsie Pop. They thanked him for buying their candy. I still have that letter somewhere but only G-d knows where.

My favorite is orange, then cherry, chocolate, raspberry, and finally grape. I know there are other flavors but the choices in this poll are going to be limited to the originals. I'm will add lemon just to shake it up, even though I haven't ever had a lemon Tootsie Pop. One vote only, just your favorite. Choose wisely, you can not change your vote after it is cast. If you vote, please post how you voted so we can see who has good taste!

p.s. If you post something like "but I like pomegranate best and you didn't include it" it will cause me to call your parentage into question and believe that you cry like a little girl at scary movies. :lol:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

What's weird is on Wednesday my kids had their very first tootsie pop! I voted orange because chocolate and orange goes best. I've never heard of the other flavors apart from the originals. Now, the vanilla and lemon tootsie rolls are awesome!
Last edited by Tsal on Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Troll Whisperer
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

dammit, now I want one
ever forward
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

arturo7 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:59 pm dammit, now I want one
Me too. :lol:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

The brown one , which I assume is chocolate . I liked it cause the whole thing tasted like a tootsie roll
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

I've never seen a lemon Tootsie Pop.

I hope I never do.

Yuk.
ever forward
Whalehead King

The results of this poll WILL ROCK PSF TO ITS VERY FOUNDATIONS and it will separate the men from the boys and the ladies from the girls and the men from the girls, too. It's about time we had something serious to discuss. Grab your smelling salts. This is gonna be one wild ride.

I enjoy the limited edition lemon. The other day, at my neighborhood grocery store, an 8-year-old boy picked up a lemon Tootsie Pop and brought it up the cash register to add to his mother's grocery purchase of canned soup, three T-bone steaks, saltines, bananas, two cucumbers, and whatnot.

Jennifer, the cashier, asked him if he knew what he was buying. He thought it was a banana Tootsie Pop. Yellow: banana. I get it. Jennifer told him, no, it's lemon, and he looked unsure about his decision. Enter our hero....

I told this young whelp that the lemon is my new favorite Tootsie Pop flavor and that he should get it while he can because it won't be available a month from now. A month from now it'll be some new novelty flavor. "Listen to a longtime Tootsie master, young man," I said. "Take this pop home and enjoy it. Savor it. Suck as much flavor out of it as you can. Life is short. Pleasure is fleeting. You're gonna remember this Tootsie Pop for the rest of your life. Lemon is my new favorite and if I was smart I'd tell you to get a cherry one so that I could have that lemon Tootsie for myself." His mother looked at me. His sister, who was younger, looked at me, wide-eyed, too.

"Young man, you are going to love that lemon Tootsie Pop. Take it from a genuine Tootsie Pop connoisseur from way back. Enjoy it in good health and don't share it with your sister, unless she asks for a taste." His sister grabbed one, too, and brought it to the cash register. Two lemon Tootsies had escaped my grasp, but it was for a good cause. Pay it forward to the next generation, I always say.

You have to get them young. Once a Tootsie Pop fan, always a Tootsie Pop fan. That's why they haven't changed the packaging. Don't fix what isn't broken. We don't need updated artwork on our wrappers. What's been good for 70 years is going to be good for 70, 80, 140 years more.

As the family left the store, Timmy's mother (the boy's name is Timmy) turned to me and she said, "Thank you, Mr. King. You've always been a good neighbor. You've got a good reputation in this neighborhood. You just confirmed your reputation with me today." Timmy smiled and waved as they made their way out the front door. His sister did too.

I smiled and I tipped my hat in the mother's direction. Then I turned to Jennifer, the cashier, because I was next in line. I paid for my 6-pack of Dixie Beer, a bag of pork rinds, and a can of condensed milk. Jennifer said to me, "You're in a class by yourself." I changed the subject.

----------

I voted for orange in this poll. Of the traditional flavors, I prefer the orange. There. I said it. You can keep all the red and brown Tootsie Pops for yourselves. I like orange, and I like grape. I like the novelty flavors. In recent months I've had watermelon, which I liked, and I've had pomegranate, which I loved. Pomegranate Tootsie Pops. Imagine that. We really do live in the 21st Century. I love the future.
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Pomegranate Tootsie Pops!

Run for your lives!! The end is nigh...
ever forward
ncrobb
Founding Member

I had no idea there were new flavors. I’ll be stopping in around locals stores looking for them. I do love the chocolates though.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Whalehead King

arturo7 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:56 pm Pomegranate Tootsie Pops!

Run for your lives!! The end is nigh...
Don't knock 'em if you haven't tried 'em. What did I say? THIS POLL WILL ROCK PSF's FOUNDATIONS TO THE CORE!!!!!!!