Vinntage old Granddad video first taste test

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I dont " do reviews " so much . This is the first taste of the Vintage Old Granddad since the 80's or so . It had been a long time and I was excited to make the video

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Seriously , this stuff is a trip . I dont kno who Ill get for the box pass till everyone sends in their name and addy but if theres someone that wants some of this , just say so and Ill make you my victim and you can try this stuff . Its not something we'll ever run across again , more than likely
ncrobb
Founding Member

I agree that it’s really good. The sample you gave me didn’t last long at all.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

What's funny is , that pipe came in the Mario Armanelli sock .. But wasn't ... It was something else but I didn't know cause I just took it out of tbe sock to smoke . my son Nick ended up with that pipe ... He saw it , flipped out and gave me that look ... So , im like .. Go for it man ! I wonder how many pipes he has ?
steamboat

Isn't this blend still in production but changed the name to Dutchmasters Whiskey Cavendish?
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

The rumor is that it is but it isnt , imo . Its changed . Maybe the flavoring is basically the same and blend .. but one or the other is different . This tub I popped tasted exactly like it did fresh , like 95 % . The Sutliff bulk stuff thats rumoured to be the same , though a damn good blend , is different . Supposedly they lost the rights to the OGD [ guess its expensive to buy the rights to a brand to use ] . Th blend itself looks different too , not massively so , but not the same . Sutliff does and damn fine job
steamboat

Thanks for sharing that review, i never even heard of that blend before, for some reason. I had to google that one, thats how i got the Dutchmasters info.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

steamboat wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:08 pm Thanks for sharing that review, i never even heard of that blend before, for some reason. I had to google that one, thats how i got the Dutchmasters info.
I didnt man to poo poo the Dutchmasters .. its good and so is the Sutliff Bulk , which is probably the same . By all means try those . But this stuff is in another dimension . he only thing that couldmake it better would be if it smoked a touch cooler .. it doeesnt bite , isnt harsh and smokes great and all ..it's just a touch warm , not hot . Its about as good as it can get and I'm just trying to nit pick it