LJ Peretti "Pride of Loch Lomond"

CoreyR
Founding Member

I got a 1 ounce sample of this tobacco from LJ Peretti and man to I wish I had gotten more!
Upon opening the pouch I was greeted with a rich, spicy, oriental aroma. Absolutely delicious smelling. Bright colored, ribbon cut tobacco with just the right amount of moisture packed easily into my african block meerschaum and lit right up. It burned through with one relite. No muss, no fuss.
The Orientals are certainly out in front for taste but latakia is certainly there while perique gives it a nice backdrop flavor.
If you have ever had Presbyterian Mixture this is similar. I just found it to be more robust where PM is more mellow.
My better half, and professional "room note evaluator," puts the RM at "tolerable."
I smoked it all the way through with a wonderful complexity of flavors from the blend of Orientals, latakia and bit of spice added by the perique lasting the whole way. A truly fine tobacco which I whole heartedly recommend for lovers of Scottish/English, or Oriental blends. This will be added to my personal cellar.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

An Edwards pipe shop I hung out at back in the 80's had a blend named Loc Lomond . It wasnt an oriental blend but it was fabulous . Turns out its a blend only at that one store , not the chain . Thanks for posting this because it jogged a memory and I can probably call and order some :)

Enjoy your new found blend !!
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.