Boiled Peanuts...and Tinned Fish

Ronv69
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:35 pm
Wildcat wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:33 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:48 am

I despise Atlanta . Actually , the reason why florida doesnt break off and float out to sea is because atlanta sucks so much . Georgia mountains .. its where all the bazillionaires are moving to ... go figure . I'll be out of here is a couple few years , unless the economy tanks in the next year . I need to find another rural paradise that tourists and millionaires wont find .. at least till after Im dead
We've one more move in us. We want wooded property off the beaten path with a small home in the middle of it. Time will tell.
Thats what I have here but Im afraid time is running out on this county . Whatever you do , make sure the place youre going has no ability , desire or need for tourism .. thats the key
Y'all took it from my Choctaw great grandma,
So I guess you can't complain about it.
God and Texas!
fingall
Member in Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:17 pm got a tin of , what Ill call meds ... and ... kippered . Dont think Ive had the kippered . What can I expect ? Its a big tin Image
You'll have no problem with them if you like smoked fish and/or sardines. I actually like them better than sardines. They're just tightly packed skinless, boneless, nicely oily smoked herring. Other than the smoke, they're a little bland which is why they're so good with saltines. Let me know what you think when you try them.
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
fingall
Member in Good Standing

Chef Benny wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:04 am Image
I've never had them; what are they like (taste, texture, etc)? I don't feel like going back through the whole thing
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ronv69 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:43 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:35 pm
Wildcat wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:33 pm
We've one more move in us. We want wooded property off the beaten path with a small home in the middle of it. Time will tell.
Thats what I have here but Im afraid time is running out on this county . Whatever you do , make sure the place youre going has no ability , desire or need for tourism .. thats the key
Y'all took it from my Choctaw great grandma,
So I guess you can't complain about it.
Trust me , if I could give Atlanta back to the choctaw , I would , but Id hate to hand them over such a shit hole . But , if they wanted it and I was able to give it ... I would
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

fingall wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:41 am
I've never had them; what are they like (taste, texture, etc)? I don't feel like going back through the whole thing
Canned boiled peanuts ..................................... SUCK

Im gonna pull over on the side of the road the next boiled peanut guy I see selling them and get the recipe . Canned boiled peanuts .. you people , I swear :)
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

@Ronv69 Texas is on the short list!!

New York is a beautiful state. We get all four seasons and yet, earthquakes, typhoons, twisters and hurricanes are a rarity. It is a red state except for a few cancerous blue spots. We all sit by the TV on election night and we fool ourselves that this will be the year. Then they count NYC and Buffalo and all the other liberal run cities and you can actually feel your money leaving your pockets and your civil liberties being stripped. I had to work in Albany yesterday. I don't know if I'll ever get the Cuomo out of my clothes.

It's quite sad actually that we not only want to leave, but feel that one day it will be that we must leave.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
fingall
Member in Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:29 pm

Im gonna pull over on the side of the road the next boiled peanut guy I see selling them and get the recipe . Canned boiled peanuts .. you people , I swear :)
I'll trust you on this one
Tsal
Forum Decorum

You should start from the beginning. Make it a Friday night event, plan a smoke around it. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:29 pm

Some of us are not as fortunate as you to have a boiled peanut vendor close by... I'll think of you tho tomorrow when I buy my Taylor Ham, egg and cheese on a kaiser roll.
The Troll Whisperer