What's for Breakfast?

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

mrpipster wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:55 pm
Citizen B wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:53 pm I never had a bad meal in the Navy.

I won't say I had any great meals on the mess deck but I never had a bad meal. That was some welcome chow.

When did you serve? What was your job? Something in communications right?
I was a Hospital Corpsman for ten years. Probably 1986-1996 or thereabouts. I was served in the first Gulf War (Desert Storm/Desert Shield). During the war, though, I was stationed on an Air Force Base in Germany as a Navy liaison, coordinating the evacuation of casualties to US military hospitals in Europe and, eventually, the States.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:23 pm
mrpipster wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:55 pm
Citizen B wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:53 pm I never had a bad meal in the Navy.

I won't say I had any great meals on the mess deck but I never had a bad meal. That was some welcome chow.

When did you serve? What was your job? Something in communications right?
I was a Hospital Corpsman for ten years. Probably 1986-1996 or thereabouts. I was served in the first Gulf War (Desert Storm/Desert Shield). During the war, though, I was stationed on an Air Force Base in Germany as a Navy liaison, coordinating the evacuation of casualties to US military hospitals in Europe and, eventually, the States.
Wow! Mein Deutsch ist nicht sehr gut, aber danke für deinen service. I am sure that is horrible since I haven't spoken German since high school, but hopefully it conveys well(it took me a solid 10 minutes to figure out how to do an umlout). Ironically, my Dutch is even worse.
Pretty important stuff you did there, I am impressed. :thumbs:
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Tsal
Forum Decorum

The 3 dollar trucker hot Pastrami, Swiss and Mustard long roller' Two pickles to boot.
The Troll Whisperer
Middle Earth

The many layers of @Citizen B

Agree….impressive
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:54 am The 3 dollar trucker hot Pastrami, Swiss and Mustard long roller' Two pickles to boot.
Breakfast of Champions.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Middle Earth wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:54 pm The many layers of @Citizen B

Agree….impressive
We are all the sum of our experiences, either by the grace of God or the result of poor choices. I have had my share of both. There are always angels in the details.

A tip of my fedora your way, MiddleE. Thank you.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Citizen B wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:47 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:54 am The 3 dollar trucker hot Pastrami, Swiss and Mustard long roller' Two pickles to boot.
Breakfast of Champions.
And dirt cheap at that..! When your in the know you can eat really cheap and all the hidden truck spots always have fresh good food.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Peppers and eggs on long roll with s&p ketchup.
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:21 am Peppers and eggs on long roll with s&p ketchup.
Southern & Pacific? I'm not trying to be funny.

You didn't make this yourself did you? Pepper and egg is a surprisingly good grinder. Usually only old people order it. Young people don't enjoy the perfection of simplicity.

It's an excellent breakfast and also good for lunch. I have never had one for dinner.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Citizen B wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:11 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:21 am Peppers and eggs on long roll with s&p ketchup.
Southern & Pacific? I'm not trying to be funny.

You didn't make this yourself did you? Pepper and egg is a surprisingly good grinder. Usually only old people order it. Young people don't enjoy the perfection of simplicity.

It's an excellent breakfast and also good for lunch. I have never had one for dinner.
sal y pimienta...
The pepper and egg sangwheech I was raised on and I always savor the moment, it takes me back. Sometimes I'll get a wild hair and get sliced hot cherry peppers in oil thrown on there too.
The Troll Whisperer