GL Pease Jackknife Plug

sisyphus
Person of Interest

I've always liked this, but since I started smoking it I discovered the English VaBurs. In comparison, JKP is rough, creosotic and rustic. That's all well and good, but when you've grown to like the smoother European Kentucky blends JKP kind of comes up short.

I have an abundance of MVF and BBF, and I'm going to start mixing JKP 50/50 with one of these. I think it should smooth it out and make it more enjoyable.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
sisyphus
Person of Interest

JKP uses a Kentucky that is absolutely barbequed. It is just shy of being Latakia with nicotine. This is true to form for Mr. Pease, who does not seem to appreciate subtlety as all his blends have big, obvious flavor overload and not much in the way of nuance.

On a good day, you get some sweetness from the Va to offset the smokehouse body of this tobacco. This loose plug does have strength that approaches the English VaBurs.

I think JKP is a job not finished. I think you mix this one with one of your favorite Va's or VaBurs to tame it and you'll end up with a good smoke.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

It's not like you have a shortage of tobacco...you should be like a mad scientist over there with a lot of stuff.
The Troll Whisperer
sisyphus
Person of Interest

yeah I have saved a couple tobaccos I wasn't nuts about by blending something good out of them
sisyphus
Person of Interest

the reason for this thread is I had become interested in Newminster 403. From what I could tell I buy that one, put it away for 5 years, then mix it with something else and enjoy. I realized I had a bunch of JKP I could do that with without having to buy any 403 :D
sisyphus
Person of Interest

50/50 with Samuel Gawith Medium Va Flake, which is a very natural and unadulterated golden Va is a good match. I think the mix could handle a little more JKP and I'll go 40/60 next time. Should I call this one Greg's Folly, or Hubris? lol
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Rough, creosotic and rustic. Jacknife Plug sounds wonderful! Got to try some.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

just got an email from tobaccopipes.com
all GLP tins 20% with coupon SAVE20