PSF Humor

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:12 pm We're doomed!
lol
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:59 am Image
Just as one of those things, they are all experts on the church too despite not having any history of attending one.

Some of them are "seekers," which means I think that they read the index page of some blog about the Dali Lama and can identify him in a picture. They saw a web blog once on some sort of Naturist something, own a crystal and can pronounce "feng shui" correctly.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:58 pm
Just as one of those things, they are all experts on the church too despite not having any history of attending one.

Some of them are "seekers," which means I think that they read the index page of some blog about the Dali Lama and can identify him in a picture. They saw a web blog once on some sort of Naturist something, own a crystal and can pronounce "feng shui" correctly.
The internets has produced an abundance of experts and artisans. Too bad most have no experience to draw wisdom from, ie a working knowledge, and are about as useful, and annoying, as a drooling four year old.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

"own a crystal" :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:10 pm

Hey, man, I own lots of crystals!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:13 pm

The internets has produced an abundance of experts and artisans. Too bad most have no experience to draw wisdom from, ie a working knowledge, and are about as useful, and annoying, as a drooling four year old.
The internet and social media will be the demise of humanity. Lol I can clearly remember a time when there was 3 nightly news channels on TV and people read the newspaper, we only knew what went on locally and had no clue what the rest of the world was doing at our finger tips and didn't care. Now, we're doomed! Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:15 pm

The internet and social media will be the demise of humanity. Lol I can clearly remember a time when there was 3 nightly news channels on TV and people read the newspaper, we only knew what went on locally and had no clue what the rest of the world was doing at our finger tips and didn't care. Now, we're doomed! Lol
Off the air! Remember tv? Leaving the phone off the hook? I regularly venture out with no cell, and don't automatically answer every damn call just because I have one. Leave a message! Damn! I'm busy and will call back later, don't just keep calling because it's a cell phone, yes, I saw that you called, okay? Impatient!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:27 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:15 pm
Off the air! Remember tv? Leaving the phone off the hook? I regularly venture out with no cell, and don't automatically answer every damn call just because I have one. Leave a message! Damn! I'm busy and will call back later, don't just keep calling because it's a cell phone, yes, I saw that you called, okay? Impatient!
Yessir, no answering machine, pay phones, rotary dial! Happy times! Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:33 pm Yessir, no answering machine, pay phones, rotary dial! Happy times! Lol
For sure! It's been almost fifteen years since I cancelled my landline service, yes I owned the phone, it was not rented from Ma Bell. Used a calling card/quarters for a couple years after, relying almost exclusively on pay phones before others passive aggressive coercion found me with a cellular. Ha! You can't go back home! The hell am I supposed to do with all these quarters now?! Call someone who cares?! Damn! Ever forward...
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:14 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:10 pm

Hey, man, I own lots of crystals!
Yes, but do you think you know everything? I know for sure you have never tried to explain to me how to conduct liturgy.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017