Smoking Tray / Valet

Chef Benny
Codger in Training

I like to make little smoking trays for my nightly smoke session. I think of it like setting the table before a nice meal. All you need.. Nice little tray, pipe stand, lighter, tamper/tool, small baccy dish, little bag of pipe cleaners.. Ready to rock. I like to make different setups to match the pipe I'm smoking. Of course.. This is for being fancy at home.. When I'm going fishing.. I stuff a MM and a pouch of PA in a brown bag and away I go!

Have a great day everybody!
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Whalehead King

I used to do this but my eccentricity cannot be contained by any tray or other system. I leave stuff wherever I leave things and then I wonder where they are. I am disorganized and scatterbrained by nature. A tip of my fedora in your direction for this clean and simple solution to where to keep your daily accoutrements.

That's a nice Zippo.

My only question: Where's the cupholder? :facepalm:
Middle Earth

Neat, orderly, and a sense of luxury
Approaching it like a nice meal makes a lot of sense
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

That's a really slick setup. Target has some cool little pleather trays with snaps in the corners that are great for drying / loading. But nowhere near that nice
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Whalehead King

Middle Earth wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:55 pm .....
Approaching it like a nice meal makes a lot of sense
I'm giving a double thumbs up to this sentiment. :thumbs:
avid

nice set up
insufferable filter guy
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

very cool
ever forward
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kinda reminds me of flying on a plane. Nice get up👍
The Troll Whisperer
9 Iron
Founding Member

Mine is a bit more compact but it generally holds everything I need to carry a smoke outside or keep things at the ready on a bookcase shelf. Little leather valet from where I don’t recall, had it for years. Pipe cushion to hold a pipe, pipe cleaner sleeve, lighter, Rogers pipe knife (not in photo, it was in my lap when I snapped the pic) and Peterson box pouch for tobacco. This thing has kept me from making three trips back into the house every time I have a smoke searching for the things I now keep in it.

Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

9 Iron wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:40 am Mine is a bit more compact but it generally holds everything I need to carry a smoke outside or keep things at the ready on a bookcase shelf. Little leather valet from where I don’t recall, had it for years. Pipe cushion to hold a pipe, pipe cleaner sleeve, lighter, Rogers pipe knife (not in photo, it was in my lap when I snapped the pic) and Peterson box pouch for tobacco. This thing has kept me from making three trips back into the house every time I have a smoke searching for the things I now keep in it.

Just when I thought I was a man who had everything... :facepalm:
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?