Springfield Mil-Spec Gots New Shoes

sisyphus
Person of Interest

always overbuy so you don't end up buying again because you wanted the nicer one after getting the one you talked yourself into is what I learned from my dad. Cheaper in the long run. So what do you think between the two, Loaded or Range Officer?
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Tsal
Forum Decorum

sisyphus wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:35 am always overbuy so you don't end up buying again because you wanted the nicer one after getting the one you talked yourself into is what I learned from my dad. Cheaper in the long run. So what do you think between the two, Loaded or Range Officer?
I can't answer that for you, but I will say this, if I ever need to use a firearm for home defense in NJ I'm strapping my wife with this and pushing her out of the bedroom into the hallway to clear. :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Ronv69
Founding Member

My Turkish 1911 has most of the bells and whistles for $40 more than the plain one. It was $429. Now if it will shoot it will be gravy. If I have to tune it, then it will give me something to do. If I need to shoot something immediately, I have a bunch of dependable guns. Number one for home protection is a Star 30M that will shoot any 9mm every time with out having to worry about it. It ain't pretty, but it holds 17 rounds and it weighs 47oz.
God and Texas!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

If everyone else is going to show off their pretties, I guess I will too...
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:40 pm If everyone else is going to show off their pretties, I guess I will too...
Those grips go perfectly on that gun👍
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:01 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:40 pm If everyone else is going to show off their pretties, I guess I will too...
Thanks. It's definitely a combination I like. The original raptor grips are a thing of beauty but the g10 is a better fit for my schweaty paws
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
avid

I do have this covered, but I'd love to possess a 1911...
insufferable filter guy
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:05 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:01 pm
Thanks. It's definitely a combination I like. The original raptor grips are a thing of beauty but the g10 is a better fit for my schweaty paws
Maybe jam a half roll of TP on the grips.
The Troll Whisperer
Ronv69
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:00 pm
sisyphus wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:35 am always overbuy so you don't end up buying again because you wanted the nicer one after getting the one you talked yourself into is what I learned from my dad. Cheaper in the long run. So what do you think between the two, Loaded or Range Officer?
I can't answer that for you, but I will say this, if I ever need to use a firearm for home defense in NJ I'm strapping my wife with this and pushing her out of the bedroom into the hallway to clear. :lol:
Do you have a good supply of caps for that?
Very nice and classic yet modern at the same time.
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

My micarta grips are polished. I don't like a lot of the new guns that are like grabbing a handful of tacks. A 45 with sharp checkering on the front strap and grips will chew up my hand in a couple of magazines.
God and Texas!