Surprising knife set

pipelover
Broken Pipe

Just wondered why they advertised folding knives along side kitchen knives ?
Obviously , they must make a full range of stuff.
Never give a sucker an even break ..... W.C. Fields
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Funny thing, I used to carry a Case stockman until I found a single blade china toothpick in some gas station or hardware store and took a fancy to it. Carried it until the blade dulled and swapped out the stockman until I could sharpen it back up. It ended up getting boxed in a move and I just hadn't come across it, yet. I used to call it my little mosquito knife.
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Longshanks wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:07 pm Funny thing, I used to carry a Case stockman until I found a single blade china toothpick in some gas station or hardware store and took a fancy to it. Carried it until the blade dulled and swapped out the stockman until I could sharpen it back up. It ended up getting boxed in a move and I just hadn't come across it, yet. I used to call it my little mosquito knife.
I dig those little guys . itll be my christmas morning present opening knife tomorrow
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:11 pm
Longshanks wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:07 pm Funny thing, I used to carry a Case stockman until I found a single blade china toothpick in some gas station or hardware store and took a fancy to it. Carried it until the blade dulled and swapped out the stockman until I could sharpen it back up. It ended up getting boxed in a move and I just hadn't come across it, yet. I used to call it my little mosquito knife.
I dig those little guys . itll be my christmas morning present opening knife tomorrow
You started this thread on Sept. 07, 2019 and you still have that Stockman. It's a Christmas miracle!
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:01 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:11 pm
You started this thread on Sept. 07, 2019 and you still have that Stockman. It's a Christmas miracle!
I still have all three . Now , if it were a work knife and i still had it ... that would be a miracle , no doubt
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

MikeDennison wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:38 am Don't know if this is the place to post this, but I ordered this Old Timer as a knife to live in my pipe bag. I like it alright, but was a bit disappointed to learn it was made in China. Guess I should have read the description more closely. Still, should make a decent pipe knife.
Thats a great Congress pattern !!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:30 pm Recently , ive been wanting a stockman knife . Had a great old Keen Kutter that I lost in Miami , of all the damn places , a few years ago .Went to a hardware store in town to get a yellow case stockman with the chrome vanadium steel that I like so much but they just had the trapper . Could order one online but it takes an act of God for me to order stuff online most the time and I just havent
I'm glad I didnt in a way . Now this is gonna seem too cheap and all but I was in Tractor Supply a few days ago getting sone stuff and I saw this three pack of knives .. One being a stockman . 20 bucks for the three and I thought .. Some crap stuff from China probably . Figured what the hell and got it
Get home and open it up .... Surprise !! Very damn good fit and finish ! Super sharp with even grinding . Damb good snap etc ... Really , a very good quality knife/knives . I'm kinda shocked . Cattlemans Cutlery from China .. Go figure

Anyway , i have yet to carry the stockman or trapper . Fell in love with the damn little toothpick

ImageImage
Dealing with you on the old forum got me an oversized knife collection. You ain't doing that again! 👹😮🛑
God and Texas!
Riff89

Whoa is me. I can’t find my opinel! I didn’t want to start a new thread to whine on but jeeze I’m bummed. It’s been my go to edc knife for about a year now. I can buy a new one but I want my old one back damnit. I’m positive that it’s gonna be in the last place I look for it but I’m the meantime the search continues. I’ve been carrying my case trapper again but I prefer to carry that one on my belt and I’ve been wearing my bib overalls a lot so it was nice having the #8 carbon steel light weight and sharp as hell!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Riff89 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:28 pm Whoa is me. I can’t find my opinel! I didn’t want to start a new thread to whine on but jeeze I’m bummed. It’s been my go to edc knife for about a year now. I can buy a new one but I want my old one back damnit. I’m positive that it’s gonna be in the last place I look for it but I’m the meantime the search continues. I’ve been carrying my case trapper again but I prefer to carry that one on my belt and I’ve been wearing my bib overalls a lot so it was nice having the #8 carbon steel light weight and sharp as hell!
Was it a number 8 by chance ?
Riff89

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:01 pm
Riff89 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:28 pm Whoa is me. I can’t find my opinel! I didn’t want to start a new thread to whine on but jeeze I’m bummed. It’s been my go to edc knife for about a year now. I can buy a new one but I want my old one back damnit. I’m positive that it’s gonna be in the last place I look for it but I’m the meantime the search continues. I’ve been carrying my case trapper again but I prefer to carry that one on my belt and I’ve been wearing my bib overalls a lot so it was nice having the #8 carbon steel light weight and sharp as hell!
. Yeah it was a number 8. I’m willing to bet that one of my boys lost it although they both claim they haven’t seen it

Was it a number 8 by chance ?