Surprising knife set

simplepipes
Codger in Training

I like the Case Trapper with CV . . . agree regarding tactical knives which I have no need for.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

simplepipes wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:06 pm I like the Case Trapper with CV . . . agree regarding tactical knives which I have no need for.

-sp
Those case knives with the cv are stellar . Trappers are cool but damn it if I don't use the sheep foot most of the time . I think theres two sizes of the case cv knives , like a regular or slim and a large ... I dig that large stockman
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Always think of my grandad when I see a stockman. He used to sit on his porch slicing apples with an Old Timer Stockman.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Dr Uhaha wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:42 pm Always think of my grandad when I see a stockman. He used to sit on his porch slicing apples with an Old Timer Stockman.
Man , i loved those knives . I have my ancient sharpfinger and a mini stockman from way back . The blades on the mini are worn , broke tip etc ... i used it to tweak paint sprayers back in the day
. Those old carbon blades were fantastic
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Don't know if this is the place to post this, but I ordered this Old Timer as a knife to live in my pipe bag. I like it alright, but was a bit disappointed to learn it was made in China. Guess I should have read the description more closely. Still, should make a decent pipe knife.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

How has this Chinese toothpick been holding up?

I have to admit, I think I would prefer the Cattleman Trapper because I tend to lose things, smaller things more so than larger ones, so a larger knife would work better for me. I'm not in the market for a pocketknife, though. I carry an Opinel with me every hour of every day, always at the ready. It's a French knife, which is okay---at least it's not Chinese. My everyday carry Opinel knife, and its identical substitute, in case I misplace the first one ---which happens occasionally--- are not stainless steel. I don't care about a stain on my knife as long as its blade is hair-splittingly sharp. High carbon, just the way I like my atmosphere.

What happened with this knife? Did you misplace the toothpick? Did it break? Did you bury it some guys ribs and then have to switch to the Cattleman Stockman?

Surely something has happened with this knife since September 2019. Please share.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
pipelover
Broken Pipe

I had to look up opinel. Here it's a kitchen range, but they do have folding knives. Why? I ask myself.
Never give a sucker an even break ..... W.C. Fields
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:55 pm How has this Chinese toothpick been holding up?

I have to admit, I think I would prefer the Cattleman Trapper because I tend to lose things, smaller things more so than larger ones, so a larger knife would work better for me. I'm not in the market for a pocketknife, though. I carry an Opinel with me every hour of every day, always at the ready. It's a French knife, which is okay---at least it's not Chinese. My everyday carry Opinel knife, and its identical substitute, in case I misplace the first one ---which happens occasionally--- are not stainless steel. I don't care about a stain on my knife as long as its blade is hair-splittingly sharp. High carbon, just the way I like my atmosphere.

What happened with this knife? Did you misplace the toothpick? Did it break? Did you bury it some guys ribs and then have to switch to the Cattleman Stockman?

Surely something has happened with this knife since September 2019. Please share.
It holds up fine

I have an opinel , a number 8 I think , but dont carry it often ... its too round in my pocket
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

pipelover wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:59 am I had to look up opinel. Here it's a kitchen range, but they do have folding knives. Why? I ask myself.
why what ?
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:12 pm
It holds up fine

I have an opinel , a number 8 I think , but dont carry it often ... its too round in my pocket
Front pocket or back pocket?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.