Define “Va/Per”!!!

Silver
Certified Codger

sisyphus wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:51 pm well in a nutshell, Dan Ascanian No. 2, Hearth & Home Viprati, McConnell Scottish Cake
Scottish Cake....YUM.
Middle Earth

Right now, Stonehenge Flake
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Silver wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:33 am
sisyphus wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:51 pm well in a nutshell, Dan Ascanian No. 2, Hearth & Home Viprati, McConnell Scottish Cake
Scottish Cake....YUM.
I imagine Scottish cake would be figgy with a hint of raisin flavor. Am I wrong in that assumption?

Virginias can be fruity. Perique is more spicy. That's been my experience, albeit, I have little idea what I am talking about. Things automatically pop into my head based on years of experiences that I have internalized but don't really remember. When you've smoke enough bowls, it's got to be a real stand-out to make me take notes (which I inevitably misplace and never read again, anyway).
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I mean , a vapers definition is in its title . Virginia perique combo . I think once you start adding other leaf , youll start losing what a vaper is about anyway . Hell , we could have a burlatvapercav ... or whatever acronym for a blends components .

Its a Perique Virginia combo ... period . However , that doesnt mean all vapers will taste alike . Theres a large range of Virginia , along with how its treated . Its a pretty wide range for two components being the Virginia is varied

That said , I still think Escudo is " THE " benchmark vaper and a super off the chart smoke , no doubt

But there really is variance . Escudo is really freaking good , man . Its got the sweet and perique spice going on and burns wonderfully etc .. but its way different than say Germain Royal Jersey W/ Perique . Omg , man ... that stuff is freaky good . Its not nearly as sweet [ different Virginia approach ] and I adore it .

I think a good middle ground for " getting " the difference between the sweeter vapers and the not sweet vapers would be to try Peterson [ Dunhill ] Elizabethan because it has some sweetness but not alot and its " on its way " toward the Germain Royal Jersy Perique blend . Anyway , that would be a good one to try . Ive gone through a couple tins recently and dig it . I hated the Murrays version of it in the past just like I hated Pinkertons version of Half and Half , which tasted like Listerine

Also , the newer blends that feature burley processed like perique shouldnt be avoided , imho . When the new version of Three Nuns popped up some years ago , I was a little disappointed . But I had smoked a shit ton of it in the past and it was my favorite , so of course when I tried the new one I was like ... damn it , man . But in reality , its a really really good blend and captures a bit of the original . They did a damn good job . For a " match " blend , its the best attempt so far . Most match blends are disappointing or pretty damn bad if not horrid
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:36 pm Also , the newer blends that feature burley processed like perique shouldnt be avoided , imho .
Is that a typo? Did you really mean to say they SHOULD be avoided. I'm just asking for clarification because if you're saying what I think you are saying, you're talking nonsense.

If it is a typo, no worries. These things happen. I have published worse things.

If you really do mean that new blends that feature burley processed like perique are as good as genuine perique tobacco, imho, that is a conversation that needs to be hashed out in further discussion.

Please clarify.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:44 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:36 pm Also , the newer blends that feature burley processed like perique shouldnt be avoided , imho .
Is that a typo? Did you really mean to say they SHOULD be avoided. I'm just asking for clarification because if you're saying what I think you are saying, you're talking nonsense.

If it is a typo, no worries. These things happen. I have published worse things.

If you really do mean that new blends that feature burley processed like perique are as good as genuine perique tobacco, imho, that is a conversation that needs to be hashed out in further discussion.

Please clarify.
lol . I mean that on their own they are good . In no way did I mean to imply that anything can take Periques place . After all , those other blends arent Vapers .. theyre Burpers

Edit : Actualy they are vaburpers ... I just liked burpers better , as a word
Puff nstuff

Thanks for all that, @Ruffinogold - just the sort of insights that can help someone like me. I look forward to trying some of those that you've mentioned.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Puff nstuff wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:42 pm Thanks for all that, @Ruffinogold - just the sort of insights that can help someone like me. I look forward to trying some of those that you've mentioned.
Man , if you ever run across some Germain Royal Jersey Perique .. please let me know . Ive one unopened tin left and havent been able to purchase any in , Im guessing 3 years or more ?
Ronv69
Founding Member

Any tobacco that I don't like.
God and Texas!
Puff nstuff

Ronv69 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:37 am Any tobacco that I don't like.
Really? What do you find objectionable about VaPers, if you don't mind me asking? I just like the lightly sweet, straightforward tobacco flavor profile of them.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪