Dedicating a pipe ... But really... pipe marriage

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:45 pm

.... isnt something that happens often for me . Generally , ill wait untill a pipe blend combo stands out .

Sometimes I'll smoke a blend in a certain pipe and think .. damn , this is exceptional ! But I won't believe it until it happens in that pipe , with that blend , at least three times in a row . So , my Mastercraft Alpha Sigma Blue Ridge, twice now , has given me the most exciting smoke of MB GE I've had . Third times a charm , so in the AM I'll give it another go and maybe will dedicate the pipe to MB GE ,which is kind of a big deal because I smoke MB GE more than anything else. I don't post when I smoke it often in the ways thread because I don't like to be redundant but its my go to blend for over a decade now

Anyway , I'm excited because I only have a few pipes dedicated to a blend and I have less dedicated than recently , having given some pipes away not long ago .

What's a drag is , ill dedicate a pipe to a blend that I don't smoke often and forget which blend .. lol .. It's happened a couple times
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 6):
MaynardBruyere_RoyaleMr BeardsleyGatorGirlMiddle EarthJTWilliams
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows " 13th apostle
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:11 pm

I only dedicate pipes to type of leaf and not to a specific blend.
This post by Ray Mackessy liked by (total 3):
RuffinogoldBruyere_RoyaleJTWilliams
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:14 pm

Ray Mackessy wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:11 pm
I only dedicate pipes to type of leaf and not to a specific blend.
I hear ya . I got so damn many pipes , i figure when it happens , to go with. It
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 3):
Ray MackessyMiddle EarthJTWilliams
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:33 pm

I'm with Ray, I dedicate pipes to genre.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 3):
Ray MackessyMiddle EarthJTWilliams
Tsal... 🎳
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:37 pm

Ruffinogold wrote: ↑

What's a drag is , ill dedicate a pipe to a blend that I don't smoke often and forget which blend .. lol .. It's happened a couple times
Senior moment... lol. Maybe cut little pieces of paper and write which blend goes in the pipe and put it in the chamber when your done smoking it.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 3):
RuffinogoldMiddle EarthJTWilliams
Tsal... 🎳
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:53 pm

Bruyere_Royale wrote: ↑

Senior moment... lol. Maybe cut little pieces of paper and write which blend goes in the pipe and put it in the chamber when your done smoking it.
Lol , ya bastid :)
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 3):
Bruyere_RoyaleMiddle EarthJTWilliams
houtenziel
Codger in Training

Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:16 pm

I am picturing those day of the week plastic pill sorter things they always put next to the reading glasses at the grocery store... but for dedicated pipes.
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 5):
MaynardRuffinogoldGatorGirlMiddle EarthJTWilliams
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:00 am

I figure if it is good enough to remember, you will reach for "the" tobacco that works for a specific pipe. If you don't remember, it was probably not good enough to bother with any specific system.

I will say that I think there is benefit to smoking the same tobacco in the same pipe, just in general. GE seems to get better and better in a dedicated pipe as one example.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 5):
MaynardRuffinogoldGatorGirlMiddle EarthJTWilliams
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:26 am

houtenziel wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:16 pm

I am picturing those day of the week plastic pill sorter things they always put next to the reading glasses at the grocery store... but for dedicated pipes.
Lol

Today is Saturday, I think

Fr_Tom wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:00 am
I figure if it is good enough to remember, you will reach for "the" tobacco that works for a specific pipe. If you don't remember, it was probably not good enough to bother with any specific system.

I will say that I think there is benefit to smoking the same tobacco in the same pipe, just in general. GE seems to get better and better in a dedicated pipe as one example.
Yes , there is quite a benefit to a cake from one blend in a pipe. The blend becomes tastier , it just does . I couldn't explain it but Its true . Heck , the bowl takes on the aroma of the blend , kinda like s ghost .
But more than that , foir me , is that the pipe will smoke the blend so exceptionally well that it's more like marriage

I should have titled the thread ....

PIPE MARRIAGE

It's more on par with what I'm reaching for
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 4):
houtenzielGatorGirlMiddle EarthJTWilliams
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:05 pm

I had a Kaywoodie fine line bulldog that had only half and half smoked in it for 40 years . It was incredible to smoke half and half in .

I have a killer billiard that radice had a kit of and spillproof carved into a billiard . He did a killer job and radice had perfect drilling etc .. It's a killer pipe . Anyway , I smoke only Firedance in it and it's a smart thing because Firedance can ghost and has a very pronounced flavor which i love

For funky blends it's not a b ad idea to dedicate , not nessisarily a marriage . hell, especially with soap flavored blends
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 2):
Middle EarthJTWilliams