Ever got rid of a pipe you wish you had back?

sisyphus
Site Admin

Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:57 pm

Sav Punto Oro 320 vulcanite stem, don't know why I talked myself out of this sweet little pipe
This post by sisyphus liked by:
MikeDennison
Exemplo Ducemus
houtenziel
Codger in Training

Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:42 am

Never regretted moving pipes on to others.. but I do long for a Nording Classic Apple that was stolen out of my car. I had used it almost exclusively for about 7 years before my car was broken into.. they took the pipe and my tin of Altoids mints, but they left the 10 bucks I keep in the ashtray, and all my CDs. I've never been able to find one like it after, as it seems Nording discontinued the Classic line.
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 2):
sisyphusMikeDennison
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:55 am

We'll, I wish I had a few hundred back . I had collections I bought from when I had the shop . People would come in with a box because uncle Ernie passed or whatever . I didnr sell many used pipes in the shop, so I put the boxes in a closet at home mostly . At some point I had a good many boxes .. cleaned them up and sold them on eBay back when no one was on the internet in the mid late 90's . I mean , in the eBay pipe section there were maybe 20 pipes lol . I sold them for little because there was no demand , though i didnnt have much in them . Anyway , seeing how ridiculous eBay pipe prices are , had I have just held on to them , I could sell them now and I'd be in Siciily drinking wine and doing unmentionable things
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 4):
sisyphushoutenzielMikeDennisonPreacher1611
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows " 13th apostle
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:46 pm

I had some cool pipes from back in my... hmmm... green "tobacco" days. :lol: There were a couple there that I wish I kept, (at the very least for the way they looked). I had a fantastic brass pipe from India that was used for and only for the smoking of... umm... some... stuff? you might see in western films; in the Chinese area of town. That pipe was really cool! Actual tobacco pipes? No, I have every one I've ever purchased. ;)
This post by Preacher1611 liked by (total 4):
houtenzielMikeDennisonRuffinogoldMaynard
MikeDennison

Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:08 pm

I don't. I've kept all the pipes I've developed an attachment to. 😆
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 2):
Bro UhahaMaynard
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:33 pm

I have never sold one. I have given a few away, and I have traded a few, but I made the decision to give/trade and have not had regrets.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 2):
Bro UhahaMikeDennison
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:22 pm

I'm also in the no regrets camp. Managed to whittle my herd down and avoid any second guessing
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 2):
MikeDennisonMaynard
This is my unique signature
sisyphus
Site Admin

Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:43 am

here's another I miss, a beautiful blast on this Becker & Musico apple. Great flake pipe, talked myself out of it because it wasn't English. Won't make that mistake again.
This post by sisyphus liked by (total 3):
MaynardMr BeardsleyRuffinogold
Exemplo Ducemus
sisyphus
Site Admin

Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:01 am

here's another I miss, the Kaywoodie 2003 Pipe of the Year. At the time it was too big, not English, too different for what I wanted on my rack. It was an awesome Burley pipe despite the Paul Bunyan size. I'll probably try to find one of these again.
This post by sisyphus liked by:
Fr_Tom
Exemplo Ducemus
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:11 am

sisyphus wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:01 am
here's another I miss, the Kaywoodie 2003 Pipe of the Year. At the time it was too big, not English, too different for what I wanted on my rack. It was an awesome Burley pipe despite the Paul Bunyan size. I'll probably try to find one of these again.
Oh , j would love to have that pipe
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 2):
sisyphusFr_Tom
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows " 13th apostle