Your Blend Recipes

Silver
Certified Codger

Wildcat wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:40 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:24 pm Pulled the VaPer mix out of the mold today
Your bricks are pure dope. Period. Just sayin'.
Makes ME hungry for a brownie. :)
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Silver wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:45 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:24 pm Pulled the VaPer mix out of the mold today
Right!?!!!

I've been lazy... I have yet to fully read the thread with your pressed blends. On my to-do list.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Silver
Certified Codger

Kicking some ideas around for another blend with some Oriental in it. When I come up with the recipe, I'll jar some and some some.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I think it's a combination of putting the tobacco in the mold warm and big c clamps and a cheater bar to crank it down tight right away. There's no additional cranking the next day and I need the cheater to break the clamps loose when I'm done too
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:21 pm

I think it's a combination of putting the tobacco in the mold warm and big c clamps and a cheater bar to crank it down tight right away. There's no additional cranking the next day and I need the cheater to break the clamps loose when I'm done too
I’d like to do some more pressing. it has been been years since I’ve done that. I do have one brownie size crumble cake that has been curing in a tin since the last batch
I might have to pop that open for new years!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

rekamepip wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:29 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:21 pm

I’d like to do some more pressing. it has been been years since I’ve done that. I do have one brownie size crumble cake that has been curing in a tin since the last batch
I might have to pop that open for new years!
Do it , brother ! Report back :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
PoolShooter

13% Perique, 45% Latakia, 21% Burley, and 21% flue cured Virginia. I ordered a pound of each, aside from the Perique which I got maybe a couple ounces from pipesandcigars.com. Everything else I ordered from wholeleaftobacco.com, and shredded with a spaghetti cutter.

I matched percentages with grams to make it easy. The Latakia was dated 1997.

I’m tossing around another blend idea that I might try soon. 35% burley, 35% Virginia, 15% Perique and 15% Latakia.

I spoke with Steven Books over the phone multiple times and he was always helpful.
“My beard is getting veddey long. I muss tell Vladimir.”
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

PoolShooter wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:46 am 13% Perique, 45% Latakia, 21% Burley, and 21% flue cured Virginia. I ordered a pound of each, aside from the Perique which I got maybe a couple ounces from pipesandcigars.com. Everything else I ordered from wholeleaftobacco.com, and shredded with a spaghetti cutter.

I matched percentages with grams to make it easy. The Latakia was dated 1997.

I’m tossing around another blend idea that I might try soon. 35% burley, 35% Virginia, 15% Perique and 15% Latakia.

I spoke with Steven Books over the phone multiple times and he was always helpful.
No kidding . I thought he passed away .. I guess he just quit , which is better than being gone . . He is a master at blending . I used to give DMKeer shit about his bromance with brooks but the guy is a wizard
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

I’m going to try to venture into toppings, and there ain’t much out there on it. Anyone have anything on it?
I’d like to find a French vanilla to start, something that I can make.
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Plinsc wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:15 pm I’m going to try to venture into toppings, and there ain’t much out there on it. Anyone have anything on it?
I’d like to find a French vanilla to start, something that I can make.
Whole leaf tobacco and LeafOnly sell casings/toppings.