Your Blend Recipes

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:38 pm Here's what I'm using for a press now. It's a 2x4 pre press mold, internal size is 1.5w x 3.5l x 2h. Currently around 2.7oz (by weight) of half & half with perique and a sprinkle of deer tongue

That's the initial crank down. No cheater bar used on the clamp. Will probably be able to compress a little more
Thats excellent ! I know youre doing another blend ... but when ya do the H&H and Perique thing again .. it was astonishing :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:18 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:38 pm Here's what I'm using for a press now. It's a 2x4 pre press mold, internal size is 1.5w x 3.5l x 2h. Currently around 2.7oz (by weight) of half & half with perique and a sprinkle of deer tongue

That's the initial crank down. No cheater bar used on the clamp. Will probably be able to compress a little more
Thats excellent ! I know youre doing another blend ... but when ya do the H&H and Perique thing again .. it was astonishing :thumbs:
Just took a batch of the H&H out of it. Little sprinkle of deer tongue in this one
ImageImage
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
kschatey

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:44 am
Ruffinogold wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:18 pm Thats excellent ! I know youre doing another blend ... but when ya do the H&H and Perique thing again .. it was astonishing :thumbs:
Just took a batch of the H&H out of it. Little sprinkle of deer tongue in this one
ImageImage
Wowzers! I've seen pics of pressing results in other forums, but I don't think I've seen anything that dense or homogenized. Well done! How's it smoke and taste?
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

kschatey wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:58 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:18 pm Thats excellent ! I know youre doing another blend ... but when ya do the H&H and Perique thing again .. it was astonishing :thumbs:
ImageImage
Wowzers! I've seen pics of pressing results in other forums, but I don't think I've seen anything that dense or homogenized. Well done! How's it smoke and taste?
It's pretty amazing stuff. Something about the addition of perique and pressing makes magic happen with good ol half & half
Wildcat
Codger in Training

ImageImage
That looks amazing. The Half and Half with perique sounds intriguing. What do you do, just cut some off like with a chew plug and rub it out?

I must sound like a newb :lol: Like I said to you in a PM, I don't stray too far from my wheelhouse, because these great sounding blends and cuts and coins and flakes etc, seem lost on me. :cry:
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Wildcat wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:13 am

ImageImage
That looks amazing. The Half and Half with perique sounds intriguing. What do you do, just cut some off like with a chew plug and rub it out?

I must sound like a newb :lol: Like I said to you in a PM, I don't stray too far from my wheelhouse, because these great sounding blends and cuts and coins and flakes etc, seem lost on me. :cry:
Yep! I just slice it and rub it. Allow some dry time and go for it
Wildcat
Codger in Training

So I've been smoking this Best of The Rest of mine for a while. It's essentially a scrap jar of my usual fare, but I decided to toss in things I didn't care for. It sat and sat and I didn't have it in a sealed tight jar and it dried out. I like dryer tobacco so I gave it a run. Nope, not for me, but on a whim I tossed in a nice handful of Sutliff Rum&Maple and Vanilla Custard for moisture. Normally I just shake the jar when I add something, but this time I mixed it all in a bowl. Don't tell the Mrs! Then I had another brainstorm, or brain fart, and tossed a heap of Velvet and Walnut match in and mixed again. I wound up with something like 1/2 to 3/4 of a pound. I tossed it into a big tight sealing large mouth jar for easy filling in case it turned out good. It sat for a good 6 months or better and boy is it nice! I'll never recreate it and I've decided to burn through it and not jar any for the future. This is why I've been interested in DD and JP lately. Thanks to all for letting me ramble!
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

ImageImage
Looks like warrior plug :awesome:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:30 pm

ImageImage
It also looks like it would be a helluva chew!
FU46
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:42 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:30 pm

ImageImage
It also looks like it would be a helluva chew!
You're the second one today that mentioned chewing these pressed hoodads. I don't chew so I don't know?! I bet half & half would be a flavorful cheek load though