Your Blend Recipes

Wildcat
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:54 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:42 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:30 pm

Looks like warrior plug :awesome:
It also looks like it would be a helluva chew!
You're the second one today that mentioned chewing these pressed hoodads. I don't chew so I don't know?! I bet half & half would be a flavorful cheek load though
Great minds think alike 😂 I was hoodad number 1 lol.

Half and Half is a sweet "chew." The anise is forward early on, then a tart cherry steps up and tobacco and the spice that goes with that. It tastes like it tastes in the bowl, only more direct. Velvet is good too.

The issue is, it's not moist or long cut like Redman or Beechnut. But neither is plug chew or rope for that matter, which also is a nice chew. But the plug and rope add moisture and a sticky quality which is nice.

So a plug of H&H or Velvet would be really good me thinks.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

So I just put another batch of "the bastard" (chocolate manhood with perique) in the mold and it will stay under the screw for probably 14 days. This is measured by weight on a kitchen scale. Did a very brief stint in the microwave to make the tobacco easier to compress (around 10 seconds)

1.99oz captain black dark
0.99oz c&d blending latakia
0.49oz sutliff ts20 perique (chopped up with a sharp knife)

That's a lot of tobacco to squeeze into a 2x4 mold, glad I went with the deeper one. I'll check the clamps in a bit and again every day for a few days. Since @ncrobb asked yesterday about the amount of perique I went ahead and posted my "recipe"
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:50 pm So I just put another batch of "the bastard" (chocolate manhood with perique) in the mold and it will stay under the screw for probably 14 days. This is measured by weight on a kitchen scale. Did a very brief stint in the microwave to make the tobacco easier to compress (around 10 seconds)

That's a lot of tobacco to squeeze into a 2x4 mold, glad I went with the deeper one. I'll check the clamps in a bit and again every day for a few days. Since @ncrobb asked yesterday about the amount of perique I went ahead and posted my "recipe"
Sharing his wizardry ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
ncrobb
Founding Member

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:50 pm So I just put another batch of "the bastard" (chocolate manhood with perique) in the mold and it will stay under the screw for probably 14 days. This is measured by weight on a kitchen scale. Did a very brief stint in the microwave to make the tobacco easier to compress (around 10 seconds)

Ok, I’ve put it off long enough. As soon as the car gets out of my shop I’m making a press. This sounds fantastic. Do you squeeze it down into a hard puck or a little less like a crumble cake?
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

ncrobb wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:40 pm

Ok, I’ve put it off long enough. As soon as the car gets out of my shop I’m making a press. This sounds fantastic. Do you squeeze it down into a hard puck or a little less like a crumble cake?
The ones I'm doing with the new mold and c clamps are coming out pretty dense and staying that way. They hold up to a slicing. Here's a picture of the last one I made after 10 days under the screw
kschatey

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:46 pm The ones I'm doing with the new mold and c clamps are coming out pretty dense and staying that way. They hold up to a slicing. Here's a picture of the last one I made after 10 days under the screw
My mouths begins to water every time I see this pic. It's like tobacco pr0n!
ncrobb
Founding Member

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:46 pm

The ones I'm doing with the new mold and c clamps are coming out pretty dense and staying that way. They hold up to a slicing. Here's a picture of the last one I made after 10 days under the screw
I’ve actually got a vintage general store tobacco cutter that I refurbed and ground a blade for. It’ll make short work of a plug like that. I gotta give it a go. Thanks for the info @Mr Beardsley .
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

ncrobb wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:11 am

I’ve actually got a vintage general store tobacco cutter that I refurbed and ground a blade for. It’ll make short work of a plug like that. I gotta give it a go. Thanks for the info @Mr Beardsley .
That will be awesome for cutting it! This blend oozes a bit of goop when you press it but I think that's part of the magic. Obviously the Cavendish is on the wet side and all of the ooze kind of melds everything together in a hurry
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:07 am

That will be awesome for cutting it! This blend oozes a bit of goop when you press it but I think that's part of the magic. Obviously the Cavendish is on the wet side and all of the ooze kind of melds everything together in a hurry
That looks like cake! Looking forward to your review 🙂
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Wildcat wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:58 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:07 am

That looks like cake! Looking forward to your review 🙂
If you're a good kitty maybe the phantom will bring you some tasty treats