Latest Pipe Purchase 2020

Middle Earth

Askwith Morta

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Jooste wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:20 am Bought a Peterson Aran No. 3 last week. It is in general a very nice pipe, but...I find the bowl to be a bit small. What pipes with bigger bowls would you recommend?
I am quite fond of the looks of Peterson's. You really have to buy someplace that gives measurements though. Appearances can be deceiving.

Presumably you have access to SmokingPipes.com here in the US? You can always look up a pipe there to get dimensions.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

My lovely wife knew I was a big Van Cleef fan, and so she scoured the web and found this for me as the closest match she could find. Awesome...
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Maynard

Houtenziel wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:29 pm My lovely wife knew I was a big Van Cleef fan, and so she scoured the web and found this for me as the closest match she could find. Awesome...
Nice!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

This Rossi Vittoria 122 was my Not-So-Secret-Santa gift, and I'm lovin' it so far. Great smoker! More of these may be in my pipe rotation in the future.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I almost feel like I should buy myself a new pipe.
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:12 am I almost feel like I should buy myself a new pipe.
I feel the same way . But to stop myself from getting more , one method is to say that each new pipe will leave an older pipe left alone . Lonely old pipes , lol

I am in the mood for a Volcano , though
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Got this on the 'bay a couple of months ago, and it just arrived from Germany. A Butz Choquin Vendome Extra 1506. Not a very good pic, I'm afraid.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:06 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:12 am I almost feel like I should buy myself a new pipe.
I feel the same way . But to stop myself from getting more , one method is to say that each new pipe will leave an older pipe left alone . Lonely old pipes , lol

I am in the mood for a Volcano , though
I don't have many so they'll all get smoked sooner than later...I just haven't seen any recently on the bay worth buying.
The Troll Whisperer
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing