Latest Tobacco Purchase 2020

Jlando19

Citizen B wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:19 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:57 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:10 pm

From where did you buy this? I don't know any tobacco blenders in New Orleans so I'm curious who this blend can be "the pride of New Orleans."

A picayune is a small thing in local New Orleans dialect, though no one ever says it in real life unless they are trying to seem authentic to tourists. Unless they are talking about the local newspaper, which few people call the Times-Picayune since the paper was bought by the New Orleans Advocate two years ago, the only other time I hear people say Picayune is when they are talking about the town of Picayune, Mississippi, a small town I've never been tempted to make a road trip to visit.

Does it come from Missouri? The fold in the bag is hiding the state's name but it's sure as heck not Louisiana if it starts with M.

How does it smoke?
From my research it seems to be a re-created blend based off of a cigarette that was popular in the area way before my time. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think this is a Burley forward blend with some perique as well as some Virginia and Oriental/Turkish tobaccos. It was made by Daughters and Ryan under the 2 Daughters name up until this month I believe. Then it was pulled from their line up and is no longer in production. I just had my first bowl and I actually really like it. Everyone warned me about the heavy dose of Vitamin N in this blend and man they weren't lying. I'm sitting down with a glass of Liquid I.V. recouping my marbles as I type this. D&R are based out of Smithfield, North Carolina it says on the bag.

Send me a direct message if you want to try it out. By my usual tobacco purchase standards I'm basically swimming in the stuff over here. Haha
Picayune is an old cigarette brand from back in the day. Notoriously strong.
So it seems my research is somewhat correct. It is pretty strong. It smokes great though.

Some have said in reviews that it is pretty dry upon delivery and compared to some other tobaccos I have tried, it is indeed. In no way to its own detriment though. Nice shag cut, packs and smokes easily. Kinda nutty kinda spicey, though I am an amateur when it comes to describing what I'm tasting in tobacco.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Jlando19 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:26 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:57 pm
From my research it seems to be a re-created blend based off of a cigarette that was popular in the area way before my time. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think this is a Burley forward blend with some perique as well as some Virginia and Oriental/Turkish tobaccos. It was made by Daughters and Ryan under the 2 Daughters name up until this month I believe. Then it was pulled from their line up and is no longer in production. I just had my first bowl and I actually really like it. Everyone warned me about the heavy dose of Vitamin N in this blend and man they weren't lying. I'm sitting down with a glass of Liquid I.V. recouping my marbles as I type this. D&R are based out of Smithfield, North Carolina it says on the bag.

Send me a direct message if you want to try it out. By my usual tobacco purchase standards I'm basically swimming in the stuff over here. Haha
So it seems my research is somewhat correct. It is pretty strong. It smokes great though.

Some have said in reviews that it is pretty dry upon delivery and compared to some other tobaccos I have tried, it is indeed. In no way to its own detriment though. Nice shag cut, packs and smokes easily. Kinda nutty kinda spicey, though I am an amateur when it comes to describing what I'm tasting in tobacco.
You wrote that review like a pro.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Jlando19

Citizen B wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:40 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:26 pm

You wrote that review like a pro.
Greatly appreciated!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Went all out and snagged a pouch of H&H today . The pipe is my Calabresi rustic work pipe

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

[mention]Ruffinogold[/mention] That Calabresi looks comfortable to smoke and to hold. I dig the texture. One of those pipes that gets rubbed while you're thinking deep thoughts I bet. Gotta love the H&H too.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wildcat wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:23 pm [mention]Ruffinogold[/mention] That Calabresi looks comfortable to smoke and to hold. I dig the texture. One of those pipes that gets rubbed while you're thinking deep thoughts I bet. Gotta love the H&H too.
I have that calabresi and another thats smooth . Both are my absolute favored work pipes , no doubt . Smoke almost as good as my best pipes . Theyre not Whimpey either . Ive dropped each 50 times at least . Love em
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

My last bag of tobacco from The Story Teller's Pipe.
Sean is shutting down his online tobacco business, which is a crying shame. There are still some good "going out of business" deals on their site if you are interested.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Ordered a pound of Erik Stokkebye Morning Blend. It's good stuff.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Jlando19

My Not So Secret Santa gift to myself showed up finally. Lol. So I decided it should be posted here instead. Scratched quite a few off of my to try list with this one. I got a free book with my purchase also..... Now to decide what to try first.
ImageImage
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Jlando19 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:09 am My Not So Secret Santa gift to myself showed up finally. Lol. So I decided it should be posted here instead. Scratched quite a few off of my to try list with this one. I got a free book with my purchase also..... Now to decide what to try first.
ImageImage
Very nice haul! Those tins you should put away for at least ten years... that Carter Hall pouch you should not open and wait until you can't buy it anymore and put it up on the bay for 250. The Paladin and H&H you can smoke now. Enjoy...
The Troll Whisperer