Pizza....

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Puff nstuff wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:03 pm @Fr_Tom and it looks like they've been quite successful over the years, too! That's cool!
It looks like a great place that has aged well.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

A flyer was put on my office door today for a new Italian joint with a wood pizza oven.

I hope, I hope,
I hope, I hope,
I hope, I hope, it's good!
ever forward
ironclad

I make pizza twice a week or so. Last time was thin crust with meatballs in marinara, onions, jalapenos, and Italian parsley.
Mischief managed.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Roman pizza. They really do cut it with scissors and serve rectangular slices. I don't like it. I don't like it one bit.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Pizza
yes :clap:

Thick
Thin
In between
Doesn’t matter to me
Fresh made or frozen I can work with all of them
Even delivered

Last pizza I had was a frozen
Surfer Boy pepperoni

Still trying to get used to the oven in our new house it seems as though the temp is off by about 25 degrees too hot I’m dialing in to making a good one again
Ronv69
Founding Member

rekamepip wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:14 pm Pizza
yes :clap:

Thick
Thin
In between
Doesn’t matter to me
Fresh made or frozen I can work with all of them
Even delivered

Last pizza I had was a frozen
Surfer Boy pepperoni

Still trying to get used to the oven in our new house it seems as though the temp is off by about 25 degrees too hot I’m dialing in to making a good one again
Most electronic ovens have an adjustment key combination. I just adjusted ours by the maximum of 35 degrees. It's still about 10 degrees low, but it's usable now. I used a digital laser touchless thermometer to read the oven temp and adjusted accordingly. You can probably Google the adjustment for your oven.
God and Texas!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

They make oven thermometers that you can either hang on the rack or put on the bottom. They been around since the 40"s I think. A few dollars at your local grocery store. Granted you have an oven light. :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

If you want to listen to an Italian dame with pink hair talk about the difference between Neapolitan pizza and the Roman style, and she knows what she is talking about--in English-- you will pay attention.

Me? I prefer Neapolitan pie. New York pie is like the best of both worlds. Thin crust and consistent, but, you've got to fold it if you're going to eat it walking down the street.

I know I have quoted this clip of John Travolta walking in Brooklyn eating pizza before but that was three or four years ago.

I don't feel like I am repeating myself when conversations take years. This is why I like it when old threads get resurrected from the archives. What page are we on with this one?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Citizen B wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:01 pm If you want to listen to an Italian dame with pink hair talk about the difference between Neapolitan pizza and the Roman style, and she knows what she is talking about--in English-- you will pay attention.

Me? I prefer Neapolitan pie. New York pie is like the best of both worlds. Thin crust and consistent, but, you've got to fold it if you're going to eat it walking down the street.

I know I have quoted this clip of John Travolta walking in Brooklyn eating pizza before but that was three or four years ago.

I don't feel like I am repeating myself when conversations take years. This is why I like it when old threads get resurrected from the archives. What page are we on with this one?
The double slice.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Buddy Hackett needed to buy a pizza for his pregnant wife... Guess what happened next.

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.