Pizza....

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:44 pm
Citizen B wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:36 pm This video can be a long slog since it goes through every one of the fifty nifty United States, plus the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Why not Guam or the Virgin Islands, too?

I have my opinions about the pizzas I have tried on this list --- five out of 52. Of the ones I have tried, I have no bone to pick with this video's picks. Some are better than others, but all the ones I have tried have all been good enough and more than half (3) have been sublime pizza pies.

Of the ones I haven't tried, there are some pizzerias on this list where I will never darken their door. I don't mind innovation but I have little patience for revolution. YMMV.

A state without good pizza is like an address without a mailbox. ----You can quote me on that. :king:
I haven't watched yet, but I'm going to. Did Campisi's Egyptian Pizza make the Texas cut? Did you know Joe Campisi was the underboss of the Dallas Crime Family branch of the LCN? He is the one who bailed Jack Ruby out of jail after Ruby shot Lee Harvey Oswald.
I was hoping Egyptian Pizza was going to be the top Texan pick. They only spend a couple seconds on each state and didn't have the time to talk about this kind of history. It is strictly, briskly, pizza-focussed.

All I want for Christmas this year is an Egyptian Pizza. You have whetted my appetite.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Citizen B wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:36 pm This video can be a long slog since it goes through every one of the fifty nifty United States, plus the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Why not Guam or the Virgin Islands, too?

I have my opinions about the pizzas I have tried on this list --- five out of 52. Of the ones I have tried, I have no bone to pick with this video's picks. Some are better than others, but all the ones I have tried have all been good enough and more than half (3) have been sublime pizza pies.

Of the ones I haven't tried, there are some pizzerias on this list where I will never darken their door. I don't mind innovation but I have little patience for revolution. YMMV.

A state without good pizza is like an address without a mailbox. ----You can quote me on that. :king:
This video has zero cred representing NJ's pizza with that hokey geometric crap!?
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:07 am

This video has zero cred representing NJ's pizza with that hokey geometric crap!?

I KNEW IT!!!!!!
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Citizen B wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:50 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:07 am

I KNEW IT!!!!!!
Your a Goodfella. 👍
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I dunno.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Citizen B wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:43 pm

I dunno.
Meh... could be better.
The Troll Whisperer
BriarPipeNYC

I live in New York City. You can't spit far enough not to hit some great pizza joints in NYC. Every nabe is loaded with plenty of dumps that still make some great pizza.

The trick to eating NYC pizza: Ignore, and don't scrutinize your surroundings too closely. Just eat, and then, get out. BTW, no insipid, faux-Italian "Olive Gardens" here, in NY City, either. These places would be laughed into bankruptcy.

I'm not claiming that NYC pizza is "the best", but it's certainly not the God awful, fluffy "wet cotton" that you get served in some other states. NYC pizza def has some crispy-crunch to it.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

BriarPipeNYC wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:56 am I live in New York City. You can't spit far enough not to hit some great pizza joints in NYC. Every nabe is loaded with plenty of dumps that still make some great pizza.

The trick to eating NYC pizza: Ignore, and don't scrutinize your surroundings too closely. Just eat, and then, get out. BTW, no insipid, faux-Italian "Olive Gardens" here, in NY City, either. These places would be laughed into bankruptcy.

I'm not claiming that NYC pizza is "the best", but it's certainly not the God awful, fluffy "wet cotton" that you get served in some other states. NYC pizza def has some crispy-crunch to it.
Claim it! Own it! NYC pizza is the best!!!
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Wildcat wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:01 pm
BriarPipeNYC wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:56 am I live in New York City. You can't spit far enough not to hit some great pizza joints in NYC. Every nabe is loaded with plenty of dumps that still make some great pizza.

In Napoli, where love is king, where boy meets girl, heere's what they say:

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie---- That's amore.

Go to the source. The best pizza in the world is where it was born: Naples, Italy. As they say in Naples, if Italy is a woman, Bella Napoli is the part we don't talk about in mixed company. It is an old city full of secrets, and, one of those secrets is how to make a pizza that cannot be imitated anywhere outside of the Italian state of Campagna.

New York pie is second best after Naples, but, after that the 3rd best is so much not-so good that it may as well be this:

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Citizen B wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:34 pm
Wildcat wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:01 pm

In Napoli, where love is king, where boy meets girl, heere's what they say:

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie---- That's amore.

Go to the source. The best pizza in the world is where it was born: Naples, Italy. As they say in Naples, if Italy is a woman, Bella Napoli is the part we don't talk about in mixed company. It is an old city full of secrets, and, one of those secrets is how to make a pizza that cannot be imitated anywhere outside of the Italian state of Campagna.

New York pie is second best after Naples, but, after that the 3rd best is so much not-so good that it may as well be this:

But can he drink a gallon of milk?
The Troll Whisperer