Pipe Lore Vacation Special 1947

arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Did you need to wear a tie to fishing in 1947?
ever forward
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

You only wore a tie fishing in 1947 if you were one of Harry Trueman's bodyguards. Trenchcoats were required dress for the Secret Service too. Uzis and compact grenade launchers were not invented yet. Thompsons and bazookas needed more room than a jacket provided. The poor guy that baited 'ol Give 'em Hell Harry's hook had to wear waders underneath all this.. You never saw Harry in a rowboat. All that iron would have sank it. Not to mention the danger to the navy divers attaching fish to his hook. Remember, you asked the question.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Lostdog5152 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:08 am You only wore a tie fishing in 1947 if you were one of Harry Trueman's bodyguards. Trenchcoats were required dress for the Secret Service too. Uzis and compact grenade launchers were not invented yet. Thompsons and bazookas needed more room than a jacket provided. The poor guy that baited 'ol Give 'em Hell Harry's hook had to wear waders underneath all this.. You never saw Harry in a rowboat. All that iron would have sank it. Not to mention the danger to the navy divers attaching fish to his hook. Remember, you asked the question.
😂

Hey, if someone tried to assassinate me at my house I’d have all that plus some! 😂
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!