So, are all you sports fans going through withdrawal?

Bamarick

Ellis You wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:57 pm I was all set to watch the Players Championship this afternoon and they canceled it, too. I'm watching a re-play of the LSU Alabama football game, but it's boring since I already know the outcome.
Did LSU win again :oops: FWIW in my humble opinion LSU had the best football team I think I've ever had the pleasure(not) to watch.

Normally all I watch is SEC Football, mainly Alabama & Georgia. I do watch some of March madness so I'm a bit disappointed that we won't have that this year. Now if we don't have college Football next season I'm going to be PO'd big time :uh:
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

Bamarick wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:43 am
Ellis You wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:57 pm I was all set to watch the Players Championship this afternoon and they canceled it, too. I'm watching a re-play of the LSU Alabama football game, but it's boring since I already know the outcome.
Did LSU win again :oops: FWIW in my humble opinion LSU had the best football team I think I've ever had the pleasure(not) to watch.

Normally all I watch is SEC Football, mainly Alabama & Georgia. I do watch some of March madness so I'm a bit disappointed that we won't have that this year. Now if we don't have college Football next season I'm going to be PO'd big time :uh:
I think they won, but the wife sent me out to look for toilet paper during the 4th quarter. I will agree that the 2019 LSU Tigers were probably the best team I ever watched, and I did watch all of their games. It will be very difficult to put that kind of team together again. I think spring practice will be hampered with this virus epidemic, don't know if anybody will be allowed to do the normal spring training.
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

Ellis You wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:47 am

I think they won, but the wife sent me out to look for toilet paper during the 4th quarter. I will agree that the 2019 LSU Tigers were probably the best team I ever watched, and I did watch all of their games. It will be very difficult to put that kind of team together again. I think spring practice will be hampered with this virus epidemic, don't know if anybody will be allowed to do the normal spring training.
But did you find the toilet paper?
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

rlucas wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:50 am
Ellis You wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:47 am

But did you find the toilet paper?
I finally did! After going to 3 Dollar General stores and Walmart without any luck at all, I stopped at the Piggly Wiggly and found a little bit left on the shelves. I bought enough for a couple of weeks and left the remaining 8 or 9 packs for somebody else. I never dreamed it would be sold out everywhere.
Serenity

I hate the NFL but love football, all football. Only basketball I watch is March madness and frankly a little upset I won't get to watch it but the good that comes from stopping large gatherings and understanding that's a great decision will be fine. I've got a couple of books that keep my free time occupied, which btw has been minimal. Keep your hands washed
Bamarick

Country boys can survive!
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

Bamarick wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:24 pm Country boys can survive!
Those require an outhouse. I think they would not work well with indoor plumbing nor septic tanks.
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

sisyphus wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:37 am I was just about to get into 2 1/2 months worth of daily playoff hockey, so disappointed
Yeah, the playoff races were just starting to heat up. Now we got nuthin!

I moonlight as a musician, most of my gigs in the next month have been cancelled.

No puck, no gigs; what the snot am I going to do with myself? You can only watch so much Netflix.
ever forward
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

Mrs rlucas and I watched Hearns vs Hagler from 1985 on youtube last night.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Really, all of the best games have already been played. Maybe I'll just watch the LSU 2019 season again. 😜🤠
God and Texas!