Essential businesses

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/14/world/fr ... _term=link

'In a televised press conference, Philippe said that starting at midnight Saturday, all places that are not essential to French living, including restaurants, cafes, cinemas and clubs, will be closed.

The closure order includes all businesses except those that are essential.

"Markets and food shops, pharmacies, gas stations, banks, newspaper and tobacco stores will remain open," Philippe said. "Places of worships will remain open, but religious ceremonies and gatherings will be postponed."'

Notice that tobacco shops will remain open since they are considered essential.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 11):
MaynardKevin KeithThelonious monkfishBro UhahaEllis YouavidSteveNHMiddle EarthPreacher1611sisyphusJTWilliams
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Fr_Tom wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:33 pm

'In a televised press conference, Philippe said that starting at midnight Saturday, all places that are not essential to French living, including restaurants, cafes, cinemas and clubs, will be closed.

"Markets and food shops, pharmacies, gas stations, banks, newspaper and tobacco stores will remain open," Philippe said. "Places of worships will remain open, but religious ceremonies and gatherings will be postponed."'

Roman Catholic masses are not cancelled in New Orleans. Regular schedules remain intact. The Archbishop did relax the obligation to attend Sunday Mass for those concerned about contagion and/or at serious risk from it. Attending mass is left to each individual's conscience, but, rest assured, they are still being conducted whether anyone shows up or not.
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 4):
Fr_TomEllis YouRuffinogoldMiddle Earth
--- A friend who has no foes.
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Denying a country like that of nicotine would start riots.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 5):
Bro UhahaEllis YouFr_TomMiddle EarthPreacher1611
Tsal...Mover' of things... 🎳
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Public masses have been cancelled. All restaurants and bars have been closed for 30 days except for takeout. Museums and gyms, too, but nobody is complaining about those so much.
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 2):
Ellis YouMiddle Earth
--- A friend who has no foes.
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Whalehead King wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:20 pm
Fr_Tom wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:33 pm

Roman Catholic masses are not cancelled in New Orleans. Regular schedules remain intact. The Archbishop did relax the obligation to attend Sunday Mass for those concerned about contagion and/or at serious risk from it. Attending mass is left to each individual's conscience, but, rest assured, they are still being conducted whether anyone shows up or not.

The priest at my Mother's church told everyone not to come but that he would still be there performing mass.
This post by Preacher1611 liked by (total 2):
Ellis YouFr_Tom
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

I will still be at work here in NY due to the fact we supply medical gases.
This post by Preacher1611 liked by (total 3):
Ellis YouWhalehead KingFr_Tom
arturo7

The only thing worse than going into my office is staying home all day.

I have a bunch of medical suppliers as customers. I can avoid any lockdown thrown at me.
This post by arturo7 liked by (total 2):
Fr_TomEllis You
ever forward
Bamarick
Member in Good Standing

The Restaurants here in my AO are closed except for drive-thru and curb-side. Some are open for take-out, but those are few. All of the recreation facilities are closed except that the parks are open for walkers/runners. I went walking at a city park this morning where I only saw 5 or 6 people, there should have been a hundred. My daughter called to see if we needed anything from the grocery as she was going to Walmart. I asked her to get us a loaf of bread if they had any, but nope, not a loaf to be had. She also said that the frozen foods were gone. People have simply gone bat s*** crazy buying up everything in the stores.
This post by Bamarick liked by (total 3):
Ellis YouFr_TomPreacher1611
Just an old retired Telephone Man enjoying life one day at a time.
rlucas

In my AO they have banned gatherings of 10 people or more. Except for essential items like grocery stores, gas stations and such. Restaraunts are curb side or take out only. I was talking to a hospital employee this morning at the store and was told that this is going to be over sooner than anyone thinks. Don't know how true that is. I think people have went and lost their minds. At least I am still going to work for now. Have to supply folks with their bourbon.
This post by rlucas liked by (total 2):
Ellis YouFr_Tom
Life is short, Fish Hard.
9 Iron
Founding Member

Preacher1611 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:50 am

The priest at my Mother's church told everyone not to come but that he would still be there performing mass.
This post by 9 Iron liked by (total 5):
Fr_TomBruyere_RoyalerekamepipRuffinogoldPreacher1611