Boiled Peanuts...and Tinned Fish

Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Good deal on amazon..😆
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
fingall
Member in Good Standing

Chef Benny wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:14 am
fingall wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:41 am
Chef Benny wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:04 am Image
I've never had them; what are they like (taste, texture, etc)? I don't feel like going back through the whole thing
They are awesome! Pnuts . Net ... they are amazing in a salad ..texture .. almost like edamame or like a chickpea. Good company.
:awesome:
Thank you, that's what I was looking for.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Chef Benny wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:16 am Good deal on amazon..😆
Note the weight. I checked it out. I opted for 3 pounds of French burnt peanuts instead for a third of the price and a fraction of the mess.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I was talking with a friend and she told me she got a tuna salad in Mississippi and I said I love tuna salad but I can never find it here. It's not like New Orleans is full of Greek diners like New Jersey, where you can get a good tuna salad club. My friend looked at me and said, "I mean I had a salad with a piece of grilled tuna on top. I'm going to tell you one of my secrets-----" she looked around, "----I don't like to eat food from cans."

Me: "I live off canned fish. I love sardines."

She: "I would never expect that from someone as respectable as you."

We all have weeds in our garden. I eat sardines several meals a week. They make for a quick, satisfying, healthy, and tasty snack.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I popped a tin of sardines today. I Forgot my lunch but had a tin of king Oscar . That and water to drink . I was in the middle of a large farm working on a cattle barn that a tree tried to take out . The guy I was working with said he couldn't do sardines . I told him it was because he's a pussy :) . He didnt care for the comment , he told me . I told him i didnt care that he didnt care . ... then we went back to repairing tne barn
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I should have taken a picture. Mrs. B and I went to a tapas restaurant last night for her birthday.

We had white anchovies on sourdough crostini and some kind of green puree and a lot of olive oil. I ordered a second plate for us to share because the first order was so good.

They had me at anchovy and they kicked it up a notch to pure fishy goodness. It's hard to find white anchovies. They are not so salty.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

The only fish I can do comes frozen in a box.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Those crazy Swedes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surströmming

"A newly opened can of surströmming has one of the most putrid food smells in the world, even stronger than similarly fermented fish dishes such as the Korean hongeohoe or Japanese kusaya"

Do they sell this at IKEA?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Silver
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:51 pm Those crazy Swedes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surströmming

"A newly opened can of surströmming has one of the most putrid food smells in the world, even stronger than similarly fermented fish dishes such as the Korean hongeohoe or Japanese kusaya"

Do they sell this at IKEA?
Read the article. Interesting, but I'll have to pass.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Look at this commercial for what looks like a snuff tin:

Then learn what Gentlemen's Relish is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentleman%27s_Relish

Are you a gentleman or not? I'm on the lookout for a tin of this tasty treat.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.