June 6 1944

mrpipster
Solid Citizen

D-Day. If anyone belongs in the Hall of Honor it is those young men who stormed those beach's!
Surely some were pipe smokers. Lets never forget!
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

The Bravest and the Best we had to offer. May their memory be a blessing.

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Bamarick

They were the bravest of the brave! There's no way that operation could be pulled off today.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
sisyphus
Person of Interest

my dad was in the follow up, his division showed up about a month after dday. After some time in France his division took part in the Battle of the Bulge. I know he was there, but the only thing he ever said about it was that he never wanted to be cold again. They were really something else, that generation.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Bamarick

sisyphus wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:33 pm my dad was in the follow up, his division showed up about a month after dday. After some time in France his division took part in the Battle of the Bulge. I know he was there, but the only thing he ever said about it was that he never wanted to be cold again. They were really something else, that generation.
Do you know what division he was in? My father in law hit France about the same time as your Dad. If I remember right he was a replacement in the 26th INF which was a NG unit from Mass. He was in combat 6 or 7 weeks before he was severely wounded by a mortar round that hit behind him. He wound up spending a year in several different Hospitals in England and back in the states.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Bamarick wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:47 am
sisyphus wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:33 pm my dad was in the follow up, his division showed up about a month after dday. After some time in France his division took part in the Battle of the Bulge. I know he was there, but the only thing he ever said about it was that he never wanted to be cold again. They were really something else, that generation.
Do you know what division he was in? My father in law hit France about the same time as your Dad. If I remember right he was a replacement in the 26th INF which was a NG unit from Mass. He was in combat 6 or 7 weeks before he was severely wounded by a mortar round that hit behind him. He wound up spending a year in several different Hospitals in England and back in the states.
35th
http://www.coulthart.com/134/ardennes.htm
I hope our names are touching on the watch list