My Tobacco Journey Thus Far

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Try Cob wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:41 am

You mean you clean the insides, too?
I scrape heck out of the bowl interior with a pipe nail or a car key or something every now and then. They get reamed when they need it.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 3):
Try CobMiddle EarthBamarick
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kelhammer

Cleaning? What the hell is that?
This post by Kelhammer liked by (total 4):
Middle EarthFr_TomTry CobBamarick
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Try Cob wrote:
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:09 pm
I really can't define "clean" when it comes to pipes, to each their own I guess. I run a pipe cleaner through the shank and swab the chamber with it after every smoke. I've never had to deep clean my pipes ever, only ream the cake once in a blue moon..Estates however get the booze/salt soak just because , who the heck knows where it's been.
According to the internet your supposed too.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 4):
Kevin KeithMiddle EarthTry CobBamarick
Tsal...Mover' of things... 🎳
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:16 am
Try Cob wrote:
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:09 pm
I really can't define "clean" when it comes to pipes, to each their own I guess. I run a pipe cleaner through the shank and swab the chamber with it after every smoke. I've never had to deep clean my pipes ever, only ream the cake once in a blue moon..Estates however get the booze/salt soak just because , who the heck knows where it's been.
I wish you still were on YouTube
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 4):
Middle EarthBruyere_RoyaleTry CobBamarick
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:51 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:16 am
Try Cob wrote:

I wish you still were on YouTube
:lol:
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 2):
Middle EarthBamarick
Tsal...Mover' of things... 🎳
Try Cob

When I picked up a pipe again - after almost twenty years - the first large tin I ordered was Half & Half because one of my too-many ex-fathers-in-law smoked it and I'd liked the aroma. However, I did not like the taste at all - too much anisette for my palate.

What to do with 12 ounces of tobacco I did not like? I like a bit of licorice now and then, so surely I could find a way to make it more palatable for me. I mixed the entire tin with a roughly equal amount of Cheyenne Gold. Better. I still didn't 'like' it, but I didn't dislike it either. I have smoked several bowls of it now, and now I do like it. Sometimes, as this morning, I reach for it with pleasure.

As I've mentioned previously, I really love music and its reproduction in the home, as do some of you. I listen to most genres. Among them, progressive rock. I struggled for a long time with the rock group Rush - Geddy Lee's voice used to set me on edge. But I kept listening over time, until I began to enjoy their offerings better.

In an online discussion, some fellow enthusiasts opined that they would not listen to music they didn't like, asking why anyone would. I don't know, maybe because there was a time when I didn't like asparagus or turnip greens. I surely have gotten a lot of pleasure from them for decades. Sometimes perseverance pays off in the long run. Don't know that I will ever like my H&H straight up, but I am enjoying it now and find myself craving my watered-down taste of anisette. Now all I need is some genuine absinthe to accompany.
This post by Try Cob liked by (total 2):
Middle EarthMr Beardsley
Forget the past for it no more holds sway;
forget the future once you thought so bright