What's For Lunch?

User avatar
Piping Abe
Certified Codger
Posts: 5446
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:00 pm
Location: Minot, North Dakota

A review of a Nathan’s Hot Dog for @Tsal :

The Nathan's Hotdog offers a savory symphony with a well-balanced blend of flavors. The beefy core delivers a robust, grilled essence, complemented by a subtle smokiness. The snap of the casing adds a satisfying texture, enhancing the overall experience. The interplay of mustard, ketchup, and relish contributes tanginess and sweetness, enhancing the savory profile. The bun, soft yet resilient, provides a comforting contrast. While the overall strength leans towards bold, it doesn't overpower the palate. A Nathan's Hotdog is a classic, delivering a timeless combination that satisfies the craving for a flavorful and well-crafted hotdog. Three and a half stars out of four.
Jeebs
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:56 am

Braised beef short ribs in red wine sauce for tonight ImageImageImage
User avatar
Tsal
Forum Decorum
Posts: 15615
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:25 am A review of a Nathan’s Hot Dog for @Tsal :

The Nathan's Hotdog offers a savory symphony with a well-balanced blend of flavors. The beefy core delivers a robust, grilled essence, complemented by a subtle smokiness. The snap of the casing adds a satisfying texture, enhancing the overall experience. The interplay of mustard, ketchup, and relish contributes tanginess and sweetness, enhancing the savory profile. The bun, soft yet resilient, provides a comforting contrast. While the overall strength leans towards bold, it doesn't overpower the palate. A Nathan's Hotdog is a classic, delivering a timeless combination that satisfies the craving for a flavorful and well-crafted hotdog. Three and a half stars out of four.
Smh.
The only time ketchup belongs on a hotdog is when a Italian hotdog is involved and that's mainly for the potatoes
The Troll Whisperer
User avatar
Tsal
Forum Decorum
Posts: 15615
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm

ric03 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:28 am Just finished it, going to sleep it off now 🥱

Image
Looks tasty! 🍽 you seem to be a great cook!
The Troll Whisperer
User avatar
Piping Abe
Certified Codger
Posts: 5446
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:00 pm
Location: Minot, North Dakota

Jeebs wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:33 am Braised beef short ribs in red wine sauce for tonight ImageImageImage
When you see a Dutch Oven, you know it’s gonna be good
User avatar
ric03
Senior Member
Posts: 1297
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:48 pm
Location: England

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:25 am A review of a Nathan’s Hot Dog for @Tsal :

The Nathan's Hotdog offers a savory symphony with a well-balanced blend of flavors. The beefy core delivers a robust, grilled essence, complemented by a subtle smokiness. The snap of the casing adds a satisfying texture, enhancing the overall experience. The interplay of mustard, ketchup, and relish contributes tanginess and sweetness, enhancing the savory profile. The bun, soft yet resilient, provides a comforting contrast. While the overall strength leans towards bold, it doesn't overpower the palate. A Nathan's Hotdog is a classic, delivering a timeless combination that satisfies the craving for a flavorful and well-crafted hotdog. Three and a half stars out of four.
:lol: ... That whole review just reminds me totally of American Psycho: "Do you like Huey Lewis and The News?"

Image
User avatar
ric03
Senior Member
Posts: 1297
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:48 pm
Location: England

Tsal wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:43 am
ric03 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:28 am Just finished it, going to sleep it off now 🥱

Image
Looks tasty! 🍽 you seem to be a great cook!
Thanks, it was really nice! But no, not really, I only ever do a handful of dishes.
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 963
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:12 pm

Citizen B wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:28 pm
Plinsc wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:41 pm I had a cold beer and 2 large Sourdough pretzels.
With mustard of course.
Are you the guy from England?
No, NW Ohio originally, the food was a nod to my German heritage.
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
User avatar
Tsal
Forum Decorum
Posts: 15615
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm

ric03 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:09 pm
Tsal wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:43 am
ric03 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:28 am Just finished it, going to sleep it off now 🥱

Image
Looks tasty! 🍽 you seem to be a great cook!
Thanks, it was really nice! But no, not really, I only ever do a handful of dishes.
But I bet those handful of dishes are really good 👍
The Troll Whisperer
User avatar
ric03
Senior Member
Posts: 1297
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:48 pm
Location: England

Tsal wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:56 pm
ric03 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:09 pm
Tsal wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:43 am

Looks tasty! 🍽 you seem to be a great cook!
Thanks, it was really nice! But no, not really, I only ever do a handful of dishes.
But I bet those handful of dishes are really good 👍
lol most food tastes good slow cooked in alcohol! That's my secret ingredient! :lol:
Post Reply