Special Months of Pipe Emphasis and Smokage™

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

These are they, the SMOPEAS™ which currently make up the Official PSF Calendar™ :

Falcon February™ - All metal pipes

March Meer Madness™ - Meerschaums

Claypril™ - Clay pipes

The July Corndog Fry™ - Corndogs, fauxdogs, cobs of all stripes. This is the Original. The JCF is the most celebrated of all SMOPEAS™.

Rocktober™ - Pipes made of rock or stone, but not meerschaum

December Doodler Days™ - If you don't know what a Doodler, Holeysmoke, Sketcher, etc. is you haven't been paying attention, but that's ok.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Rocktober rock briars?
ever forward
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Like'em all! I'll have to pick up a Falcon by February. And, I love the idea of Claypril. :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

The "TM" cracks me up.. Is that for real? 😂 Like who would ever try to steal the words... "August Brylon Challenge" ? .. I love it. I noticed that Claypril is not on the above list. It must still be under review.
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Chef Benny wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:03 am The "TM" cracks me up.. Is that for real? 😂
Use it off the forum and find out!
Chef Benny wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:03 am Like who would ever try to steal the words... "August Brylon Challenge" ? .. I love it.
You'd be surprised!
Chef Benny wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:03 am I noticed that Claypril is not on the above list. It must still be under review.
Correct. Keep those cards and letters comin'!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:46 am
Chef Benny wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:03 am I noticed that Claypril is not on the above list. It must still be under review.
Correct. Keep those cards and letters comin'!
I second 'Claypril.'
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Here is another vote in favor.

There should be a Claypril.

The only people who don't like a clay pipe are the people who haven't tried one. Give them a reason to buy one. What's it going to set them back? 10-12 bucks? Only a rich man would rather buy this pipe instead of clay pipe:
https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/ ... _id=284833

I love a hyperbolic take on Danish design and a teardrop shank that has visual weight, but, really, when I smoke a pipe, I'm just smoking it to relax. You can't put a price on a good relaxing smoke. I'm not looking to smoke a museum piece that probably smokes 1/100th as good as my great, great, great, great, great grandfather's clay pipe at ye olde tavern in days of yore. I'll buy a clay pipe to smoke in next April.

Claypril.

I didn't do the math when I read this thread all the way through to here but I think we've now got four votes in favor. Anyone else want to speak up in favor of Claypril?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

If there is a "Claypril", people should get extra points for smoking Rope/Plug in them. You know, for historical purposes.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Houtenziel wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:07 pm If there is a "Claypril", people should get extra points for smoking Rope/Plug in them. You know, for historical purposes.
I’ll second that
extra points are good
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

I'm still trying to figure out what a doodler is.
ever forward