Pipe Lighting with a Zippo

nimazparsa

I have a Pipe Zippo. I use matches for the kick in then switch to Pipe Zippo for the rest. I like the flame of the matches more than Pipe Zippo.
---------------------
Change to be happy :thumbs:
---------------------
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

nimazparsa wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:33 pm I have a Pipe Zippo. I use matches for the kick in then switch to Pipe Zippo for the rest. I like the flame of the matches more than Pipe Zippo.
I had one once but I prefer the all-purpose Zippo. I used the pipe Zippo to light cigars but a regular Zippo is good for all sorts of other lighting needs, like kerosene lamps and heaters.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I like my Zippo pipe lighter, but generally use matches.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Mostly zippo here, occasional bic
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

Citizen B wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:26 pm
nimazparsa wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:33 pm I have a Pipe Zippo. I use matches for the kick in then switch to Pipe Zippo for the rest. I like the flame of the matches more than Pipe Zippo.
I had one once but I prefer the all-purpose Zippo. I used the pipe Zippo to light cigars but a regular Zippo is good for all sorts of other lighting needs, like kerosene lamps and heaters.
You have piqued my curiosity good Sir. Gow would you use the pipe lighter to light a cigar? Are you holding the lighter horizonfally at the tip of thd cigar?
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

rlucas wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:58 pm
You have piqued my curiosity good Sir. Gow would you use the pipe lighter to light a cigar? Are you holding the lighter horizonfally at the tip of thd cigar?
I don't remember how I did it. I lost that lighter, as I tend to do most things. I am sure I held it horizontally so that the flame would be upright. That is the only way that would make any sense. Once the flame feels the draw, it is, well, drawn to it and it will light the cigar. It was not an operation that required a lot of thinking so much as manual dexterity.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

Citizen B wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:16 pm
rlucas wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:58 pm

I don't remember how I did it. I lost that lighter, as I tend to do most things. I am sure I held it horizontally so that the flame would be upright. That is the only way that would make any sense. Once the flame feels the draw, it is, well, drawn to it and it will light the cigar. It was not an operation that required a lot of thinking so much as manual dexterity.
Kind of what I was thinking.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Always Clipper . . . I purchased a Brass Zippo Pipe Lighter some months back, having never had a zippo and decided not for me after one attempt. Sits idle . . .

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .