Soda recommendations, please!

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Citizen B wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:52 pm San Pellegrino. It is not too sweet and it not too tart. It is always refreshing.
This^
The Troll Whisperer
BlueRidge
Member in Good Standing

i'd bet @ncrobb knows this one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Enuf
ncrobb
Founding Member

BlueRidge wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:21 pm i'd bet @ncrobb knows this one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Enuf
I’ve actually had one. Just one. I used to visit Kingsport for work and one day we went to local burger joint. The guy I was with ordered one so I tried one. It wasn’t bad but I wasn’t grand either. Locally, Cheerwine is big. It was started and is still bottled in Salisbury, NC which is about 30 mins from here.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Ronv69
Founding Member

[quote="Citizen B" post_id=151883 time=1676225430 user_id=707]
[quote=Ronv69 post_id=151870 time=1676222158 user_id=73]

...I wish I had known that you were in the area.
[/quote]

Ruff told me that when I was in his area last August, passing through without trying to get in touch with him. I hadn't expected to be there, and, really, it was more business than pleasure. I am sure it was the same in this case.

Rest assured, you will never find me in Texarkana. The closest I will ever get there is Beaumont.

Is there an official soft drink of Texas the way there is in Maine? I assume other states have them, too.
[/quote]

Dr Pepper was created here, but it's gone to NYC or China. The way the company played with the local bottlers, we won't claim them any more, though we still drink it. Iced tea is more popular anyway.
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Ronv69 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:44 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:10 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:15 am

...I wish I had known that you were in the area.
Ruff told me that when I was in his area last August, passing through without trying to get in touch with him. I hadn't expected to be there, and, really, it was more business than pleasure. I am sure it was the same in this case.

Rest assured, you will never find me in Texarkana. The closest I will ever get there is Beaumont.

Is there an official soft drink of Texas the way there is in Maine? I assume other states have them, too.
Dr Pepper was created here, but it's gone to NYC or China. The way the company played with the local bottlers, we won't claim them any more, though we still drink it. Iced tea is more popular anyway.
Just curious, but what's wrong with Texarkana? I much prefer it to Beaumont.
God and Texas!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ronv69 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:33 pm

Nothing. Btw, David Jones is a great pipe maker who's in Texarkana. He made me a couple of pipes over the years aways back. I might just reach out to him..
The Troll Whisperer
kschatey

rekamepip wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:12 pm
Citizen B wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:38 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:11 pm

I really liked the Fresca with sugar, but they stopped making it years ago. Iiked Tab when I was little, but when they changed it from cyclamate to saccharine I couldn't drink it any more.
How do you feel about Squirt, which is also grapefruit flavored? :buddy:
squirt is a good choice
But due to cost effectiveness I’ve been trying
This is now available in my area. Apparently it's Pepsi's entry into the Lemon-Lime market. How is it?
Tsal
Forum Decorum

It's not 7-up
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ronv69 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:33 pm

Don't be throwing no shade on Beaumont. :(
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Some early Beaumont, TX soda lore. https://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/5618.asp
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.