Hot sauce

desolbones

Ok, you made me get up and look, I don't assign a sauce to any particular food...more like an ongoing experiment.
Sriracha, El Yucateco Green, Mac's tropical Habanero, Blair's After Death, Cholula, Professor Phardtpounders Colon Cleaner, Campeche Foods Chipolte, Domestic Habanero, Veracruz Brewhouse Spicy Jalapeno, Goldstein Classic Cayenne, American Valley Garlic Hot Sauce. The After Death and Colon Cleaner haven't been opened yet. Honorable Mention for a home made Jolokai sauce called Creeping Ghost... it was great stuff, plenty of heat with a good sweet taste, I miss it. Now have a ghost pepper growing on the front porch and hoping it'll produce.
Whistlebritches

We had tacos tonite.I was out of my homemade hot hot sauce so I pulled out some Tapatio.........this sauce is growing on me by leaps and bounds.Loaded up on eggs it is delicious
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

The five basic hot sauces every fridge should have:

Tabasco
Tapatio
Sriracha
Crystal
Chili oil (no particular brand)
ever forward
Whistlebritches

arturo7 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:02 pm The five basic hot sauces every fridge should have:

Tabasco
Tapatio
Sriracha
Crystal
Chili oil (no particular brand)
I'd have to go with

Frank's
Cholula
Tapatio
Texas Pete
Siracha
sisyphus
Person of Interest

My essential 5 would be:

Matouk's Calypso Sauce
Heartbreaking Dawn's 1498
Marie Sharp's Smokin' Maries
Yellowbird Habanero Condiment
Louisiana Brand

I'd say Crystal, but where I live Louisiana is easy to find and Crystal is not.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
cigarsarge

I'll post some pics of my collection later...I am obsessed with the burn.
BOHICA
sisyphus
Person of Interest

I just ordered some Crystal Extra Hot to see if I should replace Louisiana brand with it.
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

sisyphus wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:06 pm I just ordered some Crystal Extra Hot to see if I should replace Louisiana brand with it.
They are pretty much the same. If you don't have the one, the other works just fine.

I like this type of sauce on corn on the cob. Apply generously after the butter.
ever forward
Whalehead King

sisyphus wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:06 pm I just ordered some Crystal Extra Hot to see if I should replace Louisiana brand with it.
Crystal is the local brand here in New Orleans. People will fight over which is better Tabasco vs. Crystal. I don; think you'll detect much difference between Crystal regular and Crystal Extra Hot, the same you won't detect much difference between the various types of Tabasco. Different label, similar sauce. It's mass market. They can't go too far out on the Scoville scale on your local supermarket shelf.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

yeah I just want to see how it compares to LA brand. It's hard to beat that type of hot sauce on cottage cheese and potato salad. I like the Cajun Zombie Antidote, but it's silly to pay $4 a bottle when Crystal and LA are so cheap.