Latest Tobacco Purchase 2021

Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Jlando19 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:31 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:51 pm I also recieved my twist of Cotton Boll from @Jlando19 ! Stand-up gentleman!
Thanks Abe! I'm glad they made it out safely.
Me too! Thanks! Came last week, maybe, haven't had a day off since so it's waiting patiently, as am I. Can't wait to slice that up and do a side by side with some Bogie, thanks to Tommy. Thanks!
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:32 pm I'm not one to complain but I just received my Samuel Gawith order and I'm not impressed with how cheap their packaging has become, they switched to cheap printer labels and silver sardine tins with a wrapper only around the sealed edge. Regardless if the tobacco is still the same I'm never buying tinned stuff again.
Aside from a few things that only come in tins I buy bulk. If they don't have a brick of Ennerdale or kilo of stuff I want then no purchase. Old tins were nice, like everything, but I just jar up all my stuff, pouches and all. Tins cost more and make jarring an operation. I can shove two pounds of flake into a half gallon mason jar in seconds, then crumple the packing into a little ball and pitch it. Within an hour I've forgotten all about it and won't come across the jar for years after.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Piping Abe wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:27 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:32 pm I'm not one to complain but I just received my Samuel Gawith order and I'm not impressed with how cheap their packaging has become, they switched to cheap printer labels and silver sardine tins with a wrapper only around the sealed edge. Regardless if the tobacco is still the same I'm never buying tinned stuff again.
If the tobacco is still the same quality why does the different packaging matter that much?

I know they are still trying to figure out how to keep the rectangle tins sealed properly. I believe they bought a lot from a bad supplier and are just trying to use it all. So this is the method they must’ve found that works.

A lot of people open their rectangle tins to find the tobacco all dried up. Reccomendation is to open them up and jar them immediately.
I like tin art. I'm going to jar it up after work today.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:10 am
Aside from a few things that only come in tins I buy bulk. If they don't have a brick of Ennerdale or kilo of stuff I want then no purchase. Old tins were nice, like everything, but I just jar up all my stuff, pouches and all. Tins cost more and make jarring an operation. I can shove two pounds of flake into a half gallon mason jar in seconds, then crumple the packing into a little ball and pitch it. Within an hour I've forgotten all about it and won't come across the jar for years after.
I buy bulk and tubs too, but there is nothing like having a cool tin in your pocket everyday. I'm not one to buy large quantities and store it, it comes in, I pop the tin and it comes with me everyday until it's gone then I open another.
The Troll Whisperer
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:57 am I buy bulk and tubs too, but there is nothing like having a cool tin in your pocket everyday. I'm not one to buy large quantities and store it, it comes in, I pop the tin and it comes with me everyday until it's gone then I open another.
Yeah, I have misc old tins for that purpose, the old Peterson ones were great, the less old square ones fit well too.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:05 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:57 am I buy bulk and tubs too, but there is nothing like having a cool tin in your pocket everyday. I'm not one to buy large quantities and store it, it comes in, I pop the tin and it comes with me everyday until it's gone then I open another.
Yeah, I have misc old tins for that purpose, the old Peterson ones were great, the less old square ones fit well too.
All the cool tins are overseas and they package a few in boxes to keep the warning labels off of them. Rattrays Winter Blend tin is a good one.
The Troll Whisperer
Jlando19

Just got this very generous package from our friend @Piping Abe! So cool because the only thing I've tried in here is the Watch City Slices which is a favorite of mine and I'm almost out!

Also included was:
Bosun Cut Plug
Coniston Cut Plug
Crowleys Best
Kings Stride Warped

Smells amazing and I'm incredibly excited to try these.

Thanks Abe!
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Jlando19 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:25 pm Just got this very generous package from our friend @Piping Abe! So cool because the only thing I've tried in here is the Watch City Slices which is a favorite of mine and I'm almost out!

Also included was:
Bosun Cut Plug
Coniston Cut Plug
Crowleys Best
Kings Stride Warped

Thanks Abe!
You are in for a treat I think. I have tried them all except for Watch City Slices and Bosun Cut Plug. Winners one and all. Crowley's Best and Coniston Cut Plug are regular smokes for me. A big thanks for the twist of Cotton Boll you sent me. I like it a lot.
Jlando19

Lostdog5152 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:53 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:25 pm Just got this very generous package from our friend @Piping Abe! So cool because the only thing I've tried in here is the Watch City Slices which is a favorite of mine and I'm almost out!

Also included was:
Bosun Cut Plug
Coniston Cut Plug
Crowleys Best
Kings Stride Warped

Thanks Abe!
You are in for a treat I think. I have tried them all except for Watch City Slices and Bosun Cut Plug. Winners one and all. Crowley's Best and Coniston Cut Plug are regular smokes for me. A big thanks for the twist of Cotton Boll you sent me. I like it a lot.
I sat down immediately with my super small taster clay and tried them all. Very excited about them all. I'm glad you like the twist! Happy to be part of the community here.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

I probably would be better off carrying tins. I have an old raggedy-ass folding pouch I use while out and about. Half the time I can't remember whats in it until I light up.