A Word on Ruger Revolvers

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:42 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:52 am I just got a Ruger Single Six or whatever its called , in .22 stainless . My stepfather passed and my Ma gave it to me but Im giving it to my step brother when I see him next . I told Ma ... see , this is what drives kids nuts about " steps " .. I shouldnt be getting this gun , his son should .
You should try the Single Six out first though. You know, run it through it's paces just to make sure it's safe for your step-brother. Try some rat shot too, maybe on some crappy pipe I sent you. lol
What a lovely idea 💡 just happen to have some rat shot. I'd forgotten about that pipe
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:54 am
Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:42 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:52 am I just got a Ruger Single Six or whatever its called , in .22 stainless . My stepfather passed and my Ma gave it to me but Im giving it to my step brother when I see him next . I told Ma ... see , this is what drives kids nuts about " steps " .. I shouldnt be getting this gun , his son should .
You should try the Single Six out first though. You know, run it through it's paces just to make sure it's safe for your step-brother. Try some rat shot too, maybe on some crappy pipe I sent you. lol
What a lovely idea 💡 just happen to have some rat shot. I'd forgotten about that pipe
:awesome:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ronv69
Founding Member

sisyphus wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:58 pm I fell out of love with my 41 magnum Blackhawk. The base pin backs out under full house loads. There is an aftermarket base pin with a set screw that you drill a .050 hole in your barrel for that apparently solves the issue. My feeling is you should not have to resort to something like that to shoot magnum loads in a magnum.

I don't keep guns I don't feel I can trust my life to. I have a Smith & Wesson Model 57 on the way to replace it. My favorite handgun caliber, I'm not abandoning 41 magnum.
I shot a cylinder in a Model 57 in 1969. Worst experience ever. My arm and hand hurt for 2 weeks. My 44 mag snubbie is easier on me. I understand that the ammunition back then was loaded a lot hotter than it is now.
God and Texas!