The First Goat of Spring!

Wildcat
Codger in Training

Forget the first Robin of spring, I keep my eyes peeled for the goat! Yes sir.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wildcat wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:43 am Image

You lucky bastid .... I grew up on Genesee products . They are not here in Georgia , sadly . I dont know if they make the 12 horse ale anymore but I bet Id dig that kicking goat ... Enjoy !
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:49 am
Wildcat wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:43 am Image

You lucky bastid .... I grew up on Genesee products . They are not here in Georgia , sadly . I dont know if they make the 12 horse ale anymore but I bet Id dig that kicking goat ... Enjoy !
I look forward to Genny Bock every spring. A few stores around here will get Shiner Bock this time of year too. Sadly not this year, probably because of this covid nonsense. I like Shiner too.

Yes, 12 Horse is back now and again and it's as good as you remember. Cream Ale is another good one and around all the time. Genny has been doing some rebranding as far the look of their cans and bottles. Trying to capture another segment of buyers. They make JW Dundee Honey Brown which is a favorite of mine. It's just Honey Brown now in different packaging. But so good. I wish we could get everything they produce, but even though they're in NY state a lot of their beer is only sold regionally and we don't get it here evn though we're only hours away.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Riff89

Man I used to put away some serious amounts of genny. Mostly Red eyes with our crew from the southern tier of NY state. Good cheap beer. I had the bock once and it was pretty darn good. Genny is sold here in some stores but it’s usually the green screamers (cream ale) which I dont care for as much.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I love Genny Cream. I haven't tasted it since the last time I was in Buffalo, NY. Good honest beer.

I don't usually go in for novelty beers, but, if it's from Genesee, I'd try it. And, you know what? I'm sure I would like it.

Thanks for the heads up. Spring is here.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.