Not Liking The New Tobacco Reviews Site...As Much

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Hawkwood wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:13 am After reading this thread I checked out the new Tobacco Reviews set up. It is now harder to glean info than on its previous incarnation. On many websites there seems to be a thing about change for the sake of change. If change does not facilitate and improve then it has failed....miserably. That said I see a number of respondents who value the reviews of Fr Tom, myself included. Maybe a Fr Tom review thread is in order?
That is nice of you to suggest with the reviews. I am a guy who does not like content duplicated on various sites. I have accounts at a variety of places, and I don't want to see the same thing everywhere I go.

Having said that, I am smoking something new and out of character for me. I have not reviewed it yet, and I am only on bowl two, so I'll give a teaser.

The tobacco is Wilke Peanut Butter.

This is an unusual (and to my knowledge) unique topping for tobacco. My sample was double bagged and I could smell it before opening the mailbox. It has been a mild smoke in terms of strength. I don't get the musty flavor I often get with blends that contain black cavendish. The initial few puffs have a distinct flavor of movie theater popcorn. It settles into something I might identify as slightly over-roasted peanuts, and I don't think it is the power of suggestion. There is a slight (and pleasant) bitter edge when puffed. You can tell it has a tobacco base, and this is a plus for an aromatic.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Peanut Butter does not compute as an aromatic to me for some reason, flowers, fruit and candy, yes, but savory in terms of meaty or any food flavor, no.
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:31 am Peanut Butter does not compute as an aromatic to me for some reason, flowers, fruit and candy, yes, but savory in terms of meaty or any food flavor, no.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:02 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:31 am Peanut Butter does not compute as an aromatic to me for some reason, flowers, fruit and candy, yes, but savory in terms of meaty or any food flavor, no.
Lol...Spock would agree as well.
The Troll Whisperer
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Peanut butter whiskey is all the rage today with guys where I work. I'm a peanut butter junkie, but not in whiskey. But in tobacco? I maybe might give that a run! @Fr_Tom other than the overly roasted peanuts, was there anything peanut butter like going on? You mentioned butter and peanuts, but that's not peanut butter...
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:35 am
You were right!

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Great fan of PB on Toast . . . Waffles . . . Apple Slices.

Not in my pipe . . .

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:28 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:35 am
You were right!

I don't know how or where you find stuff like this, your definitely computer savvy that's for sure. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

simplepipes wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:46 pm Great fan of PB on Toast . . . Waffles . . . Apple Slices.

Not in my pipe . . .

-sp
It sounds like it would immediately give you cotton mouth.
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Wildcat wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:12 pm
Peanut butter whiskey is all the rage today with guys where I work. I'm a peanut butter junkie, but not in whiskey. But in tobacco? I maybe might give that a run! @Fr_Tom other than the overly roasted peanuts, was there anything peanut butter like going on? You mentioned butter and peanuts, but that's not peanut butter...
I say give it a try. Your palate might not be the same as mine. The flavor is good but I will admit not totally compelling. I am getting butter and peanuts but not PNB so much.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017