Not Liking The New Tobacco Reviews Site...As Much

Wildcat
Codger in Training

My favorites, and we used to have a fun time doing it here, are the reviews that talk about time and place.

Smoking Sutliff's Rum and Maple was akin to a day on the shores of Lake Wabbanake as a child. Not the west side of the lake, the eastern shore, where the pines reached to the heavens, trying to take the stars by the tail. I can taste the pines of my youth and can almost feel my grandmother's lazy eye staring at me. I know Sutliff doesn't list it, but it's definitely the perique from Saint James Parish in this blend that transports me through time and space to the simpler times of my youth and grandfather's loathsome disdain of grandmother's gaze...
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Wildcat wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:21 pm My favorites, and we used to have a fun time doing it here, are the reviews that talk about time and place.

Smoking Sutliff's Rum and Maple was akin to a day on the shores of Lake Wabbanake as a child. Not the west side of the lake, the eastern shore, where the pines reached to the heavens, trying to take the stars by the tail. I can taste the pines of my youth and can almost feel my grandmother's lazy eye staring at me. I know Sutliff doesn't list it, but it's definitely the perique from Saint James Parish in this blend that transports me through time and space to the simpler times of my youth and grandfather's loathsome disdain of grandmother's gaze...
:lol:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Riff89 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:09 pm I never got too fired up about TR mainly because I felt like most reviewers were just making shit up!
WHA-A-A-AA-A-AA-A-TTTTTT?!?!?!!!??
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Citizen B wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:30 pm
Riff89 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:09 pm I never got too fired up about TR mainly because I felt like most reviewers were just making shit up!
WHA-A-A-AA-A-AA-A-TTTTTT?!?!?!!!??
Just PipeStud. lol
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Middle Earth

@Fr_Tom has some great reviews
There are about seven reviewers who work well for me including @Fr_Tom
I have always liked TR
Before laying out some $$$$$, it has been a great tool for me
Most of the reviews do not use the food/flavor cliches
To each their own, as always
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Wildcat wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:21 pm My favorites, and we used to have a fun time doing it here, are the reviews that talk about time and place.

Ennerdale Flake reminds me of when my older sister stuffed me in my grandmother's old steamer trunk filled with her costumes from her Vaudeville days. My flatulent dog was in there with me, so to be fair, I may need to revisit the blend. The experience is long past but the terror remains. The dog didn't like it either but he has only been smoking a couple of weeks. We give it one star. YMMV :barf:
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I've been lucky to find a couple of folks who have tastes that work for me. @Fr_Tom is the one I know that I can read and immediately know if I will like or dislike it. Most of the other folks on there are too busy blathering on about hays and earth's and dark stone fruit blahblahblahuselessblah for me to even take seriously
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I enjoyed reading this.👍
The Troll Whisperer
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:19 am

I enjoyed reading this.👍
Grandmother would have enjoyed reading it too, but with the whole eye thing going on... well, y'know.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Hawkwood

After reading this thread I checked out the new Tobacco Reviews set up. It is now harder to glean info than on its previous incarnation. On many websites there seems to be a thing about change for the sake of change. If change does not facilitate and improve then it has failed....miserably. That said I see a number of respondents who value the reviews of Fr Tom, myself included. Maybe a Fr Tom review thread is in order?