LJ Peretti "Coffee Blend"

CoreyR
Founding Member

I purchased 8 ounces of this based on the description and reviews and I am glad that I did.
It came in a pant can, tightly packed and, then I opened the can, I was greeted by a sweet, tobacco/coffee aroma which was truly a delight to the senses. I found a bright, ribbon cut tobacco which had just the right amount of moisture.
I packed it into deep bowl, african block meerschaum and I almost needed to rub it out as it had been so tightly paced in the can. I poked a vent hole and lit up. It burned through with two relights which were, truth be told, probably more due to my inattentiveness while working than the tobacco. This was a nice long smoke.
The tobacco smokes steady and cool. It was neither "bitey" nor harsh at all. I found the burley and cavendish to complement one another just right and I actually got a nice "coffee" taste behind the scenes. It was readily apparent that I was smoking a rich, high quality tobacco here and that it was well worth the price point.
It was reminiscent of OVTC Gettysburg but better.
I found this to pair very well with a cup of Cameron's "Highlander Grog" coffee and this will certainly become a staple in my cellar. I highly recommend,
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

CoreyR wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:52 am I purchased 8 ounces of this based on the description and reviews and I am glad that I did.
It came in a pant can, tightly packed and, then I opened the can, I was greeted by a sweet, tobacco/coffee aroma which was truly a delight to the senses. I found a bright, ribbon cut tobacco which had just the right amount of moisture.
I packed it into deep bowl, african block meerschaum and I almost needed to rub it out as it had been so tightly paced in the can. I poked a vent hole and lit up. It burned through with two relights which were, truth be told, probably more due to my inattentiveness while working than the tobacco. This was a nice long smoke.
The tobacco smokes steady and cool. It was neither "bitey" nor harsh at all. I found the burley and cavendish to complement one another just right and I actually got a nice "coffee" taste behind the scenes. It was readily apparent that I was smoking a rich, high quality tobacco here and that it was well worth the price point.
It was reminiscent of OVTC Gettysburg but better.
I found this to pair very well with a cup of Cameron's "Highlander Grog" coffee and this will certainly become a staple in my cellar. I highly recommend,
Piretti really does blend their own tobacco. If you are ever in Boston you should visit their shop. It's like stepping back in time. It shows in the tobacco, too. They are very old school and around of their products.

The paint can is an extra bonus.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.