Post You and Your Favorite SHTF Firearm

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Jacob McCandles prefered his Greeners because of his aging eyes and because of the devastation brought down by a big ol' 12 gauge double barrel shotgun.

I feel a lot like Jake, but I want more than two shots. Not having Condor bucks, I like Mossberg shotguns. I have this one, Maverick Security 12 gauge, 20" bbl, 7+1. The Mossberg Maverick line is made in Eagle Pass, Texas, which just happens to be the county seat of Maverick County. There is just something about the sound of racking that slide...

I like that shotgun a lot, but I'm watching for one of these to hit my local gunshop, the Mossberg Shockwave, 12 gauge
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:32 pm Jacob McCandles prefered his Greeners because of his aging eyes and because of the devastation brought down by a big ol' 12 gauge double barrel shotgun.

I feel a lot like Jake, but I want more than two shots. Not having Condor bucks, I like Mossberg shotguns. I have this one, 7+1. The Mossberg Maverick line is made in Eagle Pass, Texas, which just happens to be the county seat of Maverick County. There is just something about the sound of racking that slide...

I like that shotgun a lot, but I'm watching for one of these to hit my local gunshop, the Mossberg Shockwave, 12 gauge
Beautiful side by sides!
I rack the Ithaca that my father gave me with a big grin. Unfortunately it has a 30in barrel with an overall length of 52 inches so it's not very nimble in close quarters. It's the equivalent of running around your house with a ladder. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

When the shtf goes next level shtf

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:22 pm When the shtf goes next level shtf

I can waylay a squirrel , bird or rabbit with one

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:24 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:22 pm When the shtf goes next level shtf

I can waylay a squirrel , bird or rabbit with one

I have one of those! Guess what? There is no shortage of ammo!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I can’t stop thinking about a pistol brace or pistol “stock” for this one, but I’m not sure if they even make them or if it would put one in violation of the NFA. But if the SHTF, I guess the NFA will be the least of our worries.

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:23 am I can’t stop thinking about a pistol brace or pistol “stock” for this one, but I’m not sure if they even make them or if it would put one in violation of the NFA. But if the SHTF, I guess the NFA will be the least of our worries.

Barrel is over 18" right? Should be good
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:53 am
Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:23 am I can’t stop thinking about a pistol brace or pistol “stock” for this one, but I’m not sure if they even make them or if it would put one in violation of the NFA. But if the SHTF, I guess the NFA will be the least of our worries.

It’s a 14” barrel, hence my trepidation. lol 😆
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:56 am

Oh well that's a clear violation. Be sure to post pictures when you're done :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:14 am
Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:56 am

Oh well that's a clear violation. Be sure to post pictures when you're done :lol:
I’m satisfied with the birds head grip. lol
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!