The Hottest Pipe Accessory of 2021!!!

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

That is actually surprisingly cool.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Houtenziel wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:16 pm If it's a windcap that looks like a fedora I am gonna hate you so much.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Is this it? A revival of the Double Barrel?

https://screwballcomics.blogspot.com/20 ... m.html?m=1
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Dr Uhaha wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:35 pm
Citizen B wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:12 pm
Dr Uhaha wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:32 pm

I'll bet it's warm in there. :?
You and I rarely interact but when we do it is always for a good reason.

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I am very tempted to buy one of their pipes but when I looked at the tamper I wasn't tempted. I cannot second the nomination.

To me, this tamper is over-engineered and not worth the money for the service it provides. If I weren't who am I, if I had a lot less experience under my palette and a lot less gear that I have already tested and gotten used because it's worked & that's why I've kept it, and kept using it, all these years, then yeah, sure. I'd be tempted to purchase this tamper.

If I were tempted, then------When it arrived in the mail I'd be pleased and beaming like It was Christmas morning.

I would would use this tamper the way young people think they are the ones who discovered sex----all the time. I would marvel at how great it is. I'm sure it is a great tamper. No burrs or sharp edges. I haven't read the description in a while but there is no reason why it wouldn't have a lifetime guarantee. This tamper is solidly constructed.

Being who I am, I don't want to buy another fancy-schmanzy tamper that I'm going to fall in love with just to eventually lose it, which is sure to happen sooner rather than later.

I can buy a bag of 500 golf tees on Amazon for 18 bucks.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Wildcat wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:57 pm Is this it? A revival of the Double Barrel?

https://screwballcomics.blogspot.com/20 ... m.html?m=1

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

You have to admit, the design and precision of the thing is just impressive. Still though, for my money I personally don't think you can do better than one of these bad boys.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Not a new accessory by any means, but an item of interest to me has been the lanyard J.M. Boswell adds to his "fisherman" configuration pipes.

Between the lanyard and the wind cap it is a practical way to keep your pipe in service while on a boat/kayak, etc. Think I may modify a stubby cob or two for this purpose. Need to figure out which kind of brass fits the factory shanks on a MM.

Wildcat
Codger in Training

Dr Uhaha wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:07 pm Not a new accessory by any means, but an item of interest to me has been the lanyard J.M. Boswell adds to his "fisherman" configuration pipes.

Between the lanyard and the wind cap it is a practical way to keep your pipe in service while on a boat/kayak, etc. Think I may modify a stubby cob or two for this purpose. Need to figure out which kind of brass fits the factory shanks on a MM.

That's pretty cool!! Good idea for being on the water.