Remember these?

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Lostdog5152 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:06 pm I was going through a White Castle drive through in the seedy part of the city I was in at the time (Cincinnati) when I was propositioned by a prostitute. I respectfully declined and hoped I didn't get robbed, car jacked, and shot by her pimp while I waited for my order. Must be a sign of the times. Got to give the girl an A+ for innovation though.
If you were in the drive through, how did she talk to you? Did you have the top down or did she knock on the passenger-side window and you let her in to talk about it? Was she hiding in the bushes before you showed up? This sounds like something out of a David Lynch movie.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

I don't know where she came from, but she had room to scoot up from the rear of the car to my window which was already rolled down. There was one car in front of me with a man and a woman in it which she ignored unless she had already made a proposal to them. Nobody behind me. She asked if I wanted a "date". When I said no,just some White Castles, she went past the front of the car and crossed the street to a gas station. It was a Saturday night in mid July at about 10 or 11 PM. The temperature was about 70 degrees. My car was a black 1980's Toyota Carola that belonged to the friends I was staying with. I ordered six White Castles and a soft drink. They were good. Don't know what the car in front of me ordered, but it evidently did not include a prostitute to go. Thats the whole sordid story the best I remember. Who the hell is David Lynch? A professional prostitute tracker or a frequent patron maybe? I never got an address to pass on. She's long past her sell by date by this time anyway.
BriarPipeNYC

Wildcat wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:03 pm Growing up, you were either a Chevy man or a Ford man. Same with burgers. A man took his family to either McDonald's or Carrols. My father was a Carrols man... because my mother liked them more than McDonald's!

I remember Lums, Beefsteak Charlie's and HoJo's. While the list said the last HoJos (Howard Johnsons) had been closed, actually the supposed last one is still open not far from us, in Lake George NY.

https://howard-johnsons-restaurant.business.site/
********************************************************************************
I remember going to Lum's...(then on Astoria Blvd, Queens, NY) for a special family dinner, back in the '60s.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:13 pm There also used to be these cafeteria style steak house's around the NE, Rustler and Sizzlers. Grab a tray and work your way down the line.
Yup. They weren't half bad, in fact they were pretty good!
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Lostdog5152 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:56 am I don't know where she came from, but she had room to scoot up from the rear of the car to my window which was already rolled down. There was one car in front of me with a man and a woman in it which she ignored unless she had already made a proposal to them. Nobody behind me. She asked if I wanted a "date". When I said no,just some White Castles, she went past the front of the car and crossed the street to a gas station. It was a Saturday night in mid July at about 10 or 11 PM. The temperature was about 70 degrees. My car was a black 1980's Toyota Carola that belonged to the friends I was staying with. I ordered six White Castles and a soft drink. They were good. Don't know what the car in front of me ordered, but it evidently did not include a prostitute to go. Thats the whole sordid story the best I remember. Who the hell is David Lynch? A professional prostitute tracker or a frequent patron maybe? I never got an address to pass on. She's long past her sell by date by this time anyway.
Oh my friend, you are going to get a @Citizen B lesson you will never forget! 🤣Hint: Mr. Lynch is not an animal. He's a human being.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

I never doubted Mr. Lynch was/is a human being. I just don't know who he is or why my encounter with a lady of the night would interest him. Who capitalized my enquiry as to his identity? It wasn't me. Do I detect something amiss here?
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Lostdog5152 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:42 am I never doubted Mr. Lynch was/is a human being. I just don't know who he is or why my encounter with a lady of the night would interest him. Who capitalized my enquiry as to his identity? It wasn't me. Do I detect something amiss here?
He's a writer/director. Google his name, I'm sure you've seen some of his movies.
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Lostdog5152 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:56 am I don't know where she came from, but she had room to scoot up from the rear of the car to my window which was already rolled down. There was one car in front of me with a man and a woman in it which she ignored unless she had already made a proposal to them. Nobody behind me. She asked if I wanted a "date". When I said no,just some White Castles, she went past the front of the car and crossed the street to a gas station. It was a Saturday night in mid July at about 10 or 11 PM. The temperature was about 70 degrees. My car was a black 1980's Toyota Carola that belonged to the friends I was staying with. I ordered six White Castles and a soft drink. They were good. Don't know what the car in front of me ordered, but it evidently did not include a prostitute to go. Thats the whole sordid story the best I remember. Who the hell is David Lynch? A professional prostitute tracker or a frequent patron maybe? I never got an address to pass on. She's long past her sell by date by this time anyway.
My curiosity is satisfied. Thank you for recreating the scene.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Wildcat wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:10 am
Oh my friend, you are going to get a @Citizen B lesson you will never forget!
I'm not a big David Lynch fan, though I do agree that he was the perfect director for The Elephant Man. For Dune, less so. After that my knowledge of his work tapers off. I think he both mostly wrote and directed the television seriesTwin Peaks and that is what I was thinking of.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Citizen B wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:07 pm
Wildcat wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:10 am
Oh my friend, you are going to get a @Citizen B lesson you will never forget!
I'm not a big David Lynch fan, though I do agree that he was the perfect director for The Elephant Man. For Dune, less so. After that my knowledge of his work tapers off. I think he both mostly wrote and directed the television seriesTwin Peaks and that is what I was thinking of.
Aw man! Here I am about to light up a bowl of Frog Morton and iced tea and this is all we get? Feeling ok?
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche