Knife Blades and Patterns

Ronv69
Founding Member

I've really been spoiled by the convenience of the automatic knives. Mine are practical blade shapes. You can call them tactical, but they do good work.
God and Texas!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ronv69 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:47 pm I've really been spoiled by the convenience of the automatic knives. Mine are practical blade shapes. You can call them tactical, but they do good work.
I hear ya . Ill hopfully get a Kershaw Al mar assisted for christmass . Its smallish and pretty quick and nice . if I dont get it for xmas , Ill just order it , lol . Yeah , theres nothing wrong with them , thats for sure .

I dont call them tactical but the internet is full of those guys . EDC is another term that is so over played that if I hear or read that term .. :barf:

I like this guy ...

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/KS2335 ... el-handles

I also love this website with their " quick flick " videos ... its nice to see the actual size and movement of a knife before ya buy one
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:00 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:47 pm I've really been spoiled by the convenience of the automatic knives. Mine are practical blade shapes. You can call them tactical, but they do good work.
I hear ya . Ill hopfully get a Kershaw Al mar assisted for christmass . Its smallish and pretty quick and nice . if I dont get it for xmas , Ill just order it , lol . Yeah , theres nothing wrong with them , thats for sure .

I dont call them tactical but the internet is full of those guys . EDC is another term that is so over played that if I hear or read that term .. :barf:

I like this guy ...

I also love this website with their " quick flick " videos ... its nice to see the actual size and movement of a knife before ya buy one
That is a nice one. I have a dozen Kershaws and the flipper action is variable. Even in the 7 Leeks I have. But one thing is consistent. The more expensive the better they work.
God and Texas!
Riff89

I like this guy ...

I hear ya on the EDC thing lol. My “EDC” is so old fashioned I get laughed at by the tacticool guys. I carry a Case trapper and when I am in my home state or any other non communist state I also carry my J frame Revolver in .38spl. Pretty old fashioned by today’s standards.
Hawkwood

I guess my 1976 Queen Steel #49 is a stockman.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Riff89 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:15 am

I like this guy ...

I hear ya on the EDC thing lol. My “EDC” is so old fashioned I get laughed at by the tacticool guys. I carry a Case trapper and when I am in my home state or any other non communist state I also carry my J frame Revolver in .38spl. Pretty old fashioned by today’s standards.
Im a revolver guy too . K frame 38 +P 4" barrel / Blued . Ill not carry another .. its perfect
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
ncrobb
Founding Member

Riff89 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:15 am

I like this guy ...

I’m a J frame guy as well.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I ❤ Revolvers.
The Troll Whisperer
Ronv69
Founding Member

I wear baggy jeans or overalls all the time. My EDC knife is a Boker Kalashnikov XL. A huge automatic that you have to keep a good grip on when you push the button. It'll do anything I need it to do and disappears in my pocket.
God and Texas!
Riff89

Nothing fancy but having the clip and Spey blades has proven to be quite handy. This knife really shines when it comes time to slice an apple. I would carry it deer hunting because it’s plenty of knife to field dress a deer but I don’t like folders when I’m gutting a deer because of the cleaning. For that I carry an old timer 1580T it’s a drop point with a gut hook. My uncle bought me one when I was 9 or 10 and had started hunting. I lost the original when we were out rabbit hunting years ago and bought a replacement used off eBay because the new Schrade old timers suck I am not a fan of stainless blades. The sheaths for this particular model of old timer is horrible and notorious for letting your knife fall out so I attached a couple of my wife’s hair elastics through the lanyard hole and made a diy retention strap.