Medico Offer

Puff nstuff

Anyone ever try the offer on the back of the Medico filter box - 'send a check for $28.95 to receive a $38.95 Medico briar pipe?'
I get a nostalgic kick out of this and am very tempted to give it a shot. Reminds me of Sea Monkeys and other toys from my childhood that always had mail order offers on the packaging.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Puff nstuff wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:26 pm Anyone ever try the offer on the back of the Medico filter box - 'send a check for $28.95 to receive a $38.95 Medico briar pipe?'
I get a nostalgic kick out of this and am very tempted to give it a shot. Reminds me of Sea Monkeys and other toys from my childhood that always had mail order offers on the packaging.
I thought I heard an escapade hatching. Is this the birth of an epic thread? I have boxes of Medico filters around here somewhere.

If we want to band together, one boxtop at a time, and put Medico's shipping department to the test, I'm in. I'm in like Flint. Let's mail 'em in and see what we get.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Puff nstuff

Citizen B wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:38 pm
Puff nstuff wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:26 pm Anyone ever try the offer on the back of the Medico filter box - 'send a check for $28.95 to receive a $38.95 Medico briar pipe?'
I thought I heard an escapade hatching. Is this the birth of an epic thread? I have boxes of Medico filters around here somewhere.

If we want to band together, one boxtop at a time, and put Medico's shipping department to the test, I'm in. I'm in like Flint. Let's mail 'em in and see what we get.
:lol:

I'm totally in. I wonder how long it will take, or how many checks from the same person, before they start returning the checks.
I also wonder if they'll take requests on the model, or if they just send you whatever ugly duckling is sitting around the warehouse.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Puff nstuff wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:02 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:38 pm

:lol:

I'm totally in. I wonder how long it will take, or how many checks from the same person, before they start returning the checks.
I also wonder if they'll take requests on the model, or if they just send you whatever ugly duckling is sitting around the warehouse.
I would ask for whatever ugly duckling that is sitting around the warehouse. That's part of the experiment. Keep it random and we'll get a good sample of Medico's lines of pipes and be able to put them through the paces and see if they are worth the cost of a stamp and going direct to the factory.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I ordered sea monkeys and a captain black pipe back in the day . You had choice of bent or straight billiards ... and I believe smooth or blasted but I may be getting that confused with another offer

I liked my captain black billiard alot . Mine was blasted . I was in Miami back in 85 and didn't care for the pipe shop near me ... way too bougie and pricey . That was an otc year or two
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

I'm gonna have to find some Medico filters now
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Puff nstuff

Ang I'm gonna have to order some checks, now, apparently.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

@Puff nstuff can you post a photo of the back of the filter box? For documentary evidence, for those people who may not believe this offer is real.

No coupon required.

This is what the offer is, verbatim:

SPECIAL PRICE ON THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
1. $39.95 Medico Imported Briar Pipe for $28.25
Straight and Bent Shapes
2. $1.35 Medico Filters for $1.20
(Minimum order $28.25 - (good only in U.S.A.)
Valid 2021-2022
Send your check to: S. M. Frank & Co., Inc.
1073 Route 94, Unit 7 New Windsor, NY 12553
Money back if not satisfied. Made in U.S.A.

....I know that's the offer because PnS told me so. It's not that I don't trust PnS's testimony but I would like to see the photographic evidence so that everyone knows this is legit.

All we need to do is mail in a check and we can get a Medico pipe for about dollars and change off. I would include a note referencing this offer that is good until 2022 so that they know why they are receiving a check in the mail.

You can't be a deal like that with a stick. I am totally game.

What do we have to lose?

I'm going to mail a check with a note tomorrow to New Windsor, NY.

Who's with me?

We can review these pipes when they arrive. What's the worst that can happen? You got a new OTC pipe for 11 bucks off? I can live with those odds.

Who's in?

This is the kind of project that is right up the alley of the usual gang of suspects: @Fr_Tom @Kevin Keith @Ruffinogold @mrpipster @Wildcat @Chef Benny @Dr Uhaha , I dunno----just about anybody who shows up regularly, really. If we all send in a check it will probably be the most mail S.M. Frank has gotten so far this year. Their offices are located between the Hannaford Supermarket and New Harvest Christian Church, with a visual connection to Interstate 87 Northbound.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Puff nstuff

Puff nstuff

LET'S DO THIS. I WANT ANOTHER PIPE!