A must have ...

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

If you use a Zippo , I can't imagine not having one of these ...

https://www.famous-smoke.com/zippo-brown-pouch-wclip

I've had mine for 19 years now ( I actually took the time to figure thatv) . That's a long time . It is made of thick leather and the belt clip is heavy gague steel . If you get crap on it , it will clean off and then polish with shoe polish and do the obvious thing . It comes in a black leather , for you guys that wear a black hat . Im a brown hat guy .
Anyway , I don't know how they make these so cheap

If you carry a Zippo in your pocket , I'd bet that after carrying on your belt a few days that you'd probably like it

Something to consider for the pocket carriers maybe

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Big Iron
Member in Good Standing

Just stumbled across this one. Ill second that for certain. I have the exact same holster and it's saved my zippo from being lost , or messed up countless times back when I used to carry one on me at all times. Still have the holster to this day even though I don't use them as much anymore. It's a great buy and surprisingly the leather is of decent quality.
"Keep your nose in the wind, your eye along the skyline"
Del Gue
Ronv69
Founding Member

My Zippo never leaves the house.
God and Texas!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ronv69 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:20 pm My Zippo never leaves the house.
Ive got a zippo that doesnt leave the house also . At the old site , I think it was macdragon , had a zippo made with old teds picture put on it somehow . I dont take that one out . I have a stellar thick metal American Flag zippo that I take out when Im " going out " . My brushed steel zippo is always going out .

Im pretty good at losing zippos and having the hinges pop . I think I get the lids to pop after a bit from doing opening tricks . This brushed one I got is a few years old , not a lot . My record for holding onto a zippo is about 10 years . I had a black pipe zippo for about 7 or 8 and I had it sent back for repair because of the hinges . Got it back and a couple years later another issue , but I forget . Ill send it back [ I thought ] .. but I got the brushed one and forgot about it . I think I have a couple in need of repair in my lighter collection box .

Man , I had a slim sized brass zippo that made it about 10 years I guess . I left it at a Beef Obradys that Randy Wiley and I were hanging out in one afternoon , in Riverview Florida . It was getting pretty beat up . I kind like those smaller slim sized ones
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

While I am not against wearing something on my belt, I don't wear things on my belt. Like Bilbo Baggins, I have plenty of pockets.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Citizen B wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:07 pm While I am not against wearing something on my belt, I don't wear things on my belt. Like Bilbo Baggins, I have plenty of pockets.
No offence meant to anyone but,those damn cell phone holsters have got to go.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Not sure why those things drive me nuts but,they do.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

mrpipster wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:30 pm Not sure why those things drive me nuts but,they do.
We all have our triggers that make us shake our heads and wonder why people would do whatever fool thing they are doing.

I am the same way as you about cell phone holsters. I have never seen the point. A phone is not a gun.

Why not keep a cell phone stowed in a fanny pack the way normal people do?

It takes all kinds.

The Zippo holster is discrete and you have to give it style points, unlike the Patagonia fanny pack. It would go equally well with dungarees as it would with your grandfather's tuxedo. My attire usually falls somewhere in the middle. I don't need any more accessories so I refuse to wear things on my belt. One thing will lead to another and before I know I'll be like Batman, or, more likely, Flaming Carrot.

From the Turtlepedia website:

The Utility Belt.

Flaming Carrot also wears a crime fighting utility belt, but unlike that of the Batman, his is filled with useless items which nonetheless can become lethal weapons in his hands:

Lucky Rabbit Foot
Yo-Yo
Sneeze Powder
Invisible Ink
Trading Cards
Wish Bone
Fizzies
Super Glue
Bubble Pipe
Magnet
Pez
Laughing Gas
Spy Glass
Band Aids with litle stars and rockets
Skeleton Key
Silly Putty
Decoder Badge
Stink Bombs
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:16 pm
mrpipster wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:30 pm Not sure why those things drive me nuts but,they do.
We all have our triggers that make us shake our heads and wonder why people would do whatever fool thing they are doing.

I am the same way as you about cell phone holsters. I have never seen the point. A phone is not a gun.

Why not keep a cell phone stowed in a fanny pack the way normal people do?

It takes all kinds.

The Zippo holster is discrete and you have to give it style points, unlike the Patagonia fanny pack. It would go equally well with dungarees as it would with your grandfather's tuxedo. My attire usually falls somewhere in the middle. I don't need any more accessories so I refuse to wear things on my belt. One thing will lead to another and before I know I'll be like Batman, or, more likely, Flaming Carrot.

From the Turtlepedia website:

The Utility Belt.

Flaming Carrot also wears a crime fighting utility belt, but unlike that of the Batman, his is filled with useless items which nonetheless can become lethal weapons in his hands:

Lucky Rabbit Foot
Yo-Yo
Sneeze Powder
Invisible Ink
Trading Cards
Wish Bone
Fizzies
Super Glue
Bubble Pipe
Magnet
Pez
Laughing Gas
Spy Glass
Band Aids with litle stars and rockets
Skeleton Key
Silly Putty
Decoder Badge
Stink Bombs
Lol !
Ronv69
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:05 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:20 pm My Zippo never leaves the house.
Ive got a zippo that doesnt leave the house also . At the old site , I think it was macdragon , had a zippo made with old teds picture put on it somehow . I dont take that one out . I have a stellar thick metal American Flag zippo that I take out when Im " going out " . My brushed steel zippo is always going out .

Im pretty good at losing zippos and having the hinges pop . I think I get the lids to pop after a bit from doing opening tricks . This brushed one I got is a few years old , not a lot . My record for holding onto a zippo is about 10 years . I had a black pipe zippo for about 7 or 8 and I had it sent back for repair because of the hinges . Got it back and a couple years later another issue , but I forget . Ill send it back [ I thought ] .. but I got the brushed one and forgot about it . I think I have a couple in need of repair in my lighter collection box .

Man , I had a slim sized brass zippo that made it about 10 years I guess . I left it at a Beef Obradys that Randy Wiley and I were hanging out in one afternoon , in Riverview Florida . It was getting pretty beat up . I kind like those smaller slim sized ones
Mine are all fancy.
My favorite has the prayer from Boondock Saints on it, and another has the 3D flying eagle.
God and Texas!